Drinkers with a Running Problem

'Tis the Season! (Read 429 times)

So while in Virginia during Thanksgiving, I had the good fortune to order a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer at the airport.  I fell instantly in love.

Came home to Washington state, looked in every single grocery store in town (including odd ball places like World Market, Trader Joe's, and our local specialty beer place).  NOBODY had it.  So I had the specialty beer place dude look it up for me & it turns out only 3 stores in all of Washington state carry this beer.  The closest was 90 minutes away.

My husband just called... he has a couple cases of the delicious brew at home for me.  GOOD MAN.  I think I'll keep him for awhile.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have to leave work & drink beer....

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Really?  It is very easy to find in Nashville.  Need me to send you some?

I find that it varies from year to year, with some years great and others okay.  I have not tasted it this year.

Thanks Trent, but I think I'm good now!  I'm not a huge beer drinker so I think I'll be good for awhile!!  Is it a seasonal, do you know?  Or do they make it year round?

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think it is seasonal.

Prince of Fatness

I see the cherry wheat all year round.  It's not a bad change of pace.  I like the Blackberry Witbier better, though.

Speaking of Sam Adams, I was at a neighbor's house the other night and he had a Holiday Porter.  Damn that was good.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I learned about the BB Wit about 67 seconds ago.  Do tell...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Um, yes.  This sounds like something I would really like! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

I believe that it is only available during the summer.  I like this better than the cherry for two reasons.  One, the fruit taste was a little more subtle than the cherry.  I don't like too much fruitness (is that a word) in a beer.  Two, I like the taste of blackberry better than cherry.  Could be just personal taste but I like the blackberry better. 

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

hmmmmm

Sounds like it's a mixed bag.  I think that if you would drink the Cherry Wheat that you would drink this.  Interesting that BA says it's an all year 'round beer.  I don't remember seeing it in the stores lately.  Maybe it's because I haven't looked for it.  I don't have much interest in that kind of beer this time of year.  Last time I had one was over the summer.  I remember it being easy to find around here when I was looking for it.

Not at it at all. 

BTW the cherry was excellent.  It is a very strong fruity beer though.  I generally prefer pale ales or guinness over fruity beer (although somebody made a mandarin orange hefeweisen a couple years ago... pyramid??? DAMN good), but this cherry wheat is awesome.  I love that it smells like a bowl of cherries, not like beer.  I can't wait to get home tonight and have another one!

Michelle