Drinkers with a Running Problem

Drunkard.com (Read 472 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

My favorite all-time article from them:

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

I'm so not worthy.

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My favorite all-time article from them:

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

I'm so not worthy.

"Think about it: 119 beers in six hours. That’s a beer every three minutes, non stop. That’s beyond epic. It’s beyond the ken of mortal men. It’s god-like."

Love it! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, I read that Andre the Giant article.  I know that he was a big guy but 20 beers an hour for 6 hours?  Damn!

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Bump.

We used to get the print copy of Modern Drunkard in front of bars in Denver.  They were known for the 86 rules of drinking.

This is pure genius.  Everyone should be forced to read it.  It is so good, that I can't pick out a favorite.  I often want to tell customers about #8:  When the bartender is slammed, resist the powerful urge to order a slightly-dirty, very-dry, in-and-out, super-chilled half-and-half martini with a lemon twist. Limit orders to beer, straight shots and two-part cocktails.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

#8:  When the bartender is slammed, resist the powerful urge to order a slightly-dirty, very-dry, in-and-out, super-chilled half-and-half martini with a lemon twist.

People who pull that should be willing to accept "mystery ingredients" in their high-maintenance drinks.

~ Sarah Kay

Kalsarikännit

People who pull that should be willing to accept "mystery ingredients" in their high-maintenance drinks.

Agreed.  Mystery ingrediants usually equals warm well gin.  No matter what the drink.  The stuff that settles in the bottom of the rail mats is good, too.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The stuff that settles in the bottom of the rail mats is good, too.

With a urinal cake garnish?

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bump.

We used to get the print copy of Modern Drunkard in front of bars in Denver.  They were known for the 86 rules of drinking.

This is pure genius.  Everyone should be forced to read it.  It is so good, that I can't pick out a favorite.  I often want to tell customers about #8:  When the bartender is slammed, resist the powerful urge to order a slightly-dirty, very-dry, in-and-out, super-chilled half-and-half martini with a lemon twist. Limit orders to beer, straight shots and two-part cocktails.

Spec.

Tac.

U.Lar!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

34. If you bring Old Milwaukee Miller Lite to a party, you must drink at least two cans before you start drinking the imported beer in the fridge.

Someone should have clued my sister and her boyfriend in @ last year's Thanksgiving.  Actually, they drank the Lite and the good stuff, then conned my dad into buying more good stuff that they made-off with when they left on Friday.  Hrm.

~ Sarah Kay

Kalsarikännit

Spec.

Tac.

U.Lar!!

Wow.  I'm not too bright when sober, add alcohol and it just becomes a disaster. 

MTA:  I really love New Belgium 1554.  I may have had a few last night.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You have not drunk enough tonight.