Drinkers with a Running Problem

befitting the forum name (Read 258 times)

just logged this: "I do not dread the mill. I find I can pay attention to form and experiment with strides. But one cannot hold and drink a beer at @7:30 pace. Not a carbonated one anyway. Just foamed all over the floor." backstory: sick of ice and hoping to help spur the economy, i bought a treadmill. set it up yesterday. noticed the cupholders and thought OMFG, i can DRINK BEER and RUN: 2 of my favorite activities. But alas, one really cannot. But I think further experimentation is called for. Perhaps allow the beer to go flat first? BTW: It was a Penn's Pilsner, a very fine specimen by -- I beleive -- Pennsylvania's first licensed microbrewey, Penn Brewing Co.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dan...has anyone told you recently that you are awesome? No? Well, I just did. That is hilarious. Damn, I need a TM, too! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Dan! I second your awesomeness,. I may try to repeat with the elliptical tomorrow.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know...the gym Heather73 and I go to is one of those little 24/7 joints. There isn't an employee there most of the time. And if we go on a weekend night the place is usually empty. I'm seeing a treadmill party in the making... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Manage the container, not the carbonation. It is all about the container....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Queen of 3rd Place

You just need a long straw.

Ex runner

new concepts to test: 1. allow beer to go flat. 2. barleywine - not very carbonated to begin with. 3. hit pause, drink, resume workout. 4. don't hit pause; jump on rails, grab beer, chug, monitor time spent chugging, jump back on in full pace, run the chugging time at end of run, but log minus chug time to keep it honest, cuz pause effs up the pace a tad. run a bit more, but don't "count" because treadmill may be "off." 5. drink noncarbonated booze: scotch, whiskey/y, vodka, wine?

On On

I wonder how hard it would be to do a treadmill beer mile. Get the treadmill up to speed standing on the rails. Open a beer. Chug said beer. Get on treadmill and run .25 miles. Stand on rails and open 2nd beer. Chug. Repeat until you have finished 4 beers and 4 .25 miles (total 1 mile). The thing is the treadmill will have gone much more than a mile due to moving when you are chugging your beers so you would have to pay attention to the actual mileage when you get on and off.

All business

Manage the container, not the carbonation. It is all about the container....
                    My thoughts exactly. dnephin, you need a squirt bottle!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

My thoughts exactly. dnephin, you need a squirt bottle!
                      I'll give that a try.