Drinkers with a Running Problem

Batch 2 is going! (Read 274 times)

Started my Gewurztraminer tonight!  Trying to be patient & let the first batch age a bit before I drink it again.
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So.  When you gonna start making your wines from whole fruits?  Or at least from fresh juice?

Wink

So.  When you gonna start making your wines from whole fruits?  Or at least from fresh juice?

Wink

Give me a few batches of the easy stuff, then maybe I'll get creative.  I have thought about it, actually, I just need to spend the time doing the research so I know what the hell I'm doing.  The kits are so easy though, I think I expected there would be more to it.  Pretty sure any monkey that can read can make wine with these kits!!  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

5 gallons of apple cider and some yeast.  Does not get any easier than that.
            It is that easy?  Then do you still go through the stabilizing & clearing process a couple weeks after the fermenting just like with the kits?  Sorry for the stupid questions, I really knew nothing about this when I bought the stuff.  My friends all told me the kits were simple & I didn't need to do anything but follow the directions, so I took the lazy road & did no research.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They have been making beer and wine for thousands and thousands of years, since long before stablizers Wink

It will clear with aging.  That said, unless you are submitting it for judging, it does not need to be perfectly clear anyway.

Ostrich runner

Does Irish moss also work with wine?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum