Drinkers with a Running Problem

Awaiting ZZ's Cheeseland Booze Report (Read 262 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A week in the land of Beer and Brats? Only one run? There must be something interesting to say here, right? Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Had 4 beers and 2 'ritas...so sad. Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

4 beers means she only finished the glass 4 times. The rest of the time she refilled before it was empty, so that only counts as one. The 2 'ritas were pitchers.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4 beers means she only finished the glass 4 times. The rest of the time she refilled before it was empty, so that only counts as one. The 2 'ritas were pitchers.
          Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Actually, I was thinking about it. If I took my kids solo (i.e. if my wife had the good sense to stay away (she does)) to see my family, I probably wouldn't get much boozing done, either. I can't see myself saying, "here mom, watch your grandkids, 'cuz I gotta go get my drink on." Ok, actually I can see myself saying that, but I probably would feel too guilty to actually do it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't see myself saying, "here mom, watch your grandkids, 'cuz I gotta go get my drink on." Ok, actually I can see myself saying that, but I probably would feel too guilty to actually do it.
            Never stopped my sister... Then again, she (26) picks on my brother (almost 31) for dating a woman who is younger than she is (25). Nevermind the fact that my brother's GF is a paralegal and preparing to attend law school while my sister barely graduated HS and has 2 kids by different fathers and doesn't work.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Out of curiosity, why didn't you take the Muskegon-to-Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land") auto ferry? 2hr trip, and given gas prices, probably economical. awaiting zz's Sandler-esque response of "information that would have been useful TWO WEEKS AGO!!!" Clowning around

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Out of curiosity, why didn't you take the Muskegon-to-Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land") auto ferry? 2hr trip, and given gas prices, probably economical.
                Nah, gas is still WAY cheaper (the ferry would work out to be about $265 round/trip for just my son and I and the car...I think we only spent about $90 on gas for the entire trip)! And were I to do the ferry thing, I'd probably do the big boat (The Badger--still the cheaper ferry, too) from Ludington to Manitowoc and really avoid traffic. I blogged a bit about the excursion...not too exciting. Was a pretty low-key trip, all in all.... k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

$265 round-trip? That is pricey. Shocked $90 for gas 9 hours in the car with the Didlet...priceless Clowning around

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

9 hours in the car with the Didlet...priceless Clowning around
                    The kid may be a PITA much of the time, but in the car he is positively angelic. He has been an amazing traveler since day 1. We really wish we could afford to travel to the UK and Europe with him, as he'd be great traveling by plane, train, bus, and staying in hostels. You've never seen a more flexible kid as long as he has both parents with him. Staying with my folks and no big did along last week stressed him out, but when we all 3 have gone places he's been great. k

~ Sarah Kay