Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

FFS, does Upland send you a Christmas fruitcake?

No, but they did give me a spiffy certificate.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn!! now that's a tasty picture. I'll try to get a check out soon. Anything in particular you want for beers? I've been sending mostly belgian style stuff the last few shipments, but am happy to change it up.

I've had a large variety of beers from Trent and have had very few that I didn't enjoy, so I'll drink just about anything.

I'm in the process of packing up your box right now. There's probably still some room in there. Is there anything else you'd like?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I would say it was just me but others here said the same thing. There was some fruit taste but not a lot. I put a strawberry one in the fridge and will give that one a try soon.  

Had the strawberry one yesterday. Definitely a good amount of fruit flavor in that one.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The last two sour releases for the year. Mark your calendars.

September 24th - October 1st

Reservation period for:

Kiwi

Dantalion

Permission Slip - A Jolly Pumpkin Collaboration

Rambutan - SBS members only

Dragonfruit - SBS members only

Pickup Period - October 22nd - November 5th 

November 5-12th

Reservation period for:

Malefactor

Raspberry

Strawberry

Cherry

Pickup Period - December 3-17th

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WANT WANT

Broke.

Cripes.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Don't worry Trent. It'll be OK.

Prince of Fatness

So two more sours show up at my door today. This was supposed to be the summer of sours but I have actually had more stouts. Wtf?  Anyway the kiwi is in the fridge and won't make it through the weekend.

Carry on.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Anyway the kiwi is in the fridge and won't make it through the weekend.

Wow that one was tart!

Not at it at all. 

Wow that one was tart!

agreed and the fruit was not very sweet to balance it out

Prince of Fatness

Has anyone had the persimmon yet?  That one is next on my list.  To be honest I have no idea wtf a persimmon tastes like.

Not at it at all. 

Has anyone had the persimmon yet?  That one is next on my list.  To be honest I have no idea wtf a persimmon tastes like.

I had it over the summer and thought it was very good. Very sour like all the uplands but the persimmon provided some nice sweetness on the backend to balance. No clue what a persimmon is supposed to taste like but it kind of tasted like a cantaloupe/honeydew blend

Prince of Fatness

I had it over the summer and thought it was very good. Very sour like all the uplands but the persimmon provided some nice sweetness on the backend to balance. No clue what a persimmon is supposed to taste like but it kind of tasted like a cantaloupe/honeydew blend

Ah, so melon like.  I could go for that.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, so I have 2 persimmon trees.  So I bought this because apparently persimmons are a hot old-time Indiana thing.  It tasted OK...remember I'm not a sour person...but darned if I could pin the flavor down and say "ahah, that's persimmon".

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills