Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jesus fucking Christ in Phelps' left nutsack, enough already.

And a malefactor please. I'm broken.

Feeling the growl again

I'm going to pass, but I will say the cherry should turn out decent.  I've made wine from sour cherries and it was interesting.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hah. I broke Trent. Didn't think that was possible.

The bottle of cherry I had a couple of weeks ago was very tasty.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may revisit this, but for now that's what I'm wanting Smile

Prince of Fatness

The bottle of cherry I had a couple of weeks ago was very tasty.

I have a bunch of stuff queued up for Trent as well.  He brings it all on himself.

I think that the Cherry one completes the fruit lineup for me.  Still have a persimmon and blackberry in hand that I need to get to.

So much beer, so little time.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Well in a couple weeks he will return the favor.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I only picked up what was claimed, so I don't have any extras. I'd be happy to bring mine next time we get together to share though.

My reading comprehension lacks these days and that sounds perfect. A full bomber is a little much for me with these.

Oh and you broke Trent. Hot damn that was friggin awesome. Heh.

Still interested in Cherry. Not sure why but...

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well in a couple weeks he will return the favor.  Big grin

Oh. Yeah. Cripes.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I see that there is a lottery.  It doesn't appear that any of us need to enter but I can if things change.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/11/upland-november-public-sour-lottery.html

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I see that there is a lottery.  It doesn't appear that any of us need to enter but I can if things change.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/11/upland-november-public-sour-lottery.html

Yup. My allotment covers everything so far. Unless Trent goes crazy again I should have it all covered.

Since there are still unclaimed bottles from my allotment available if you know someone who would be interested in a bottle I don't mind adding them to the list.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Last call before I place my order.

Malefactor Cherry Strawberry Raspberry
                        Allotment   12  6  6  6

WhoDat 2    1  
                         Trent  1      
                         Finn  1  1    
                         EricM  1      
                         Spaniel        
                         C-R    1    

Claimed 5  2 1  
                         Available 7 4 5 6

Prince of Fatness

Has anyone had the persimmon yet?  That one is next on my list.  To be honest I have no idea wtf a persimmon tastes like.

Forgot to mention that I opened the persimmon up at a bottle share over the weekend.  The consensus was that it was very good.  For me this one may be the best of the Upland lambics that I have tried.  A little less tart than the others with a nice balance.  Next up is blackberry.  Thanks Whodat.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Everyone ready for 2015? Here we go....

Hello Secret Barrel Society Members,

It is time for the first reservation period of 2015! The reservation site will open January 21, 2015 at 12pm  EDT. You will receive an invitation to the ticketing site via email when the site has opened.

Each member may reserve up to six bottles of each Blueberry, Blackberry, VinoSynth White, VinoSynth Red and Dantalion. Please make your selections by 12pm EDT on Wednesday, January 28th.  We will be unable to change your reservation after this time.

Fruited Lambics - Lambics have been made in Belgium for over 500 years, and we re honoring this tradition by brewing our own Indiana version. Upland lambics are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole berries, in this case blueberries or blackberries, giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors. Once the fruit has been added, the beer is bottle conditioned, which adds a zesty and refreshing carbonation. Upland lambic is the perfect drink to share with friends over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit. 

This year's blackberries came from our friends at Heartland Farms in Spencer, Indiana, and the blueberries are from Peterson Farms in Michigan.

Dantalion - Dantalion is our demonically named sour ale based on the Oud Bruin beer style. Medium brown in color, Dantalion has hints of chocolate, Munich malts, and rye. We also incorporate a spice blend containing ginger, coriander, star anise, grains of paradise, and black pepper to create a gentle halo of spice character. The beer is fermented on the same selection of yeasts and microbes as our base lambic, and aged for up to 8 months or more in white oak barrels.

VinoSynth White - VinoSynth White is 100% Sour Reserve aged on locally grown Vidal Blanc grapes. Vidal Blanc is a French varietal with hints of tropical fruit flavor, commonly utilized to develop ice wines. Our Sour Reserve lends itself wonderfully to enveloping the acidity of the grape with notes of lactic acid, and allows the polite pineapple and grapefruit character of Vidal Blanc to shine on the palate.

VinoSynth Red - VinoSynth Red is a blend of 50% Sour Reserve and 50% Malefactor Flanders-style Red Ale aged on Catawba grapes. Catawba is a native North American variety, known for making jams and jellies, and distinctly juice, fruity, exotic wines. Malefactor was blended with Sour Reserve to develop more body, mild bourbon barrel character, and a layered acidity to complement the Catawba’s innate sweet, fruity notes.

Prince of Fatness

FFS. If you are asking, one vinosynth red please.

FML

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey