Drinkers with a Running Problem

Dogfish Head on the Discovery Channel (Read 495 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Former runner

(and IL and IN, briefly) between Christmas and NYs!  I'm going to have to look for that.

You might as well stop at 3Floyd's to see if they have it. They're only a couple miles off the interstate.

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You might as well stop at 3Floyd's to see if they have it. They're only a couple miles off the interstate.

Alpha Klaus is one of my brother's favorites.  I don't think I realized that was an IN brewery.  I'm going to have to look into finding some of that during our travels.  Hmmm...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

More on Poppa Skull.

This beer was released in bottles to other markets a few weeks ago (not in PA), so hopefully this packaging means that we may see some of the kegs.

Boooo!

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Check out my running log, BTW.

Big grin

Bwahahahahaha...that is awesome!

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

The show is now on Thursday at 8 PM.  Tomorrow.....

Dogfish Head is about to brew a batch of "Chateau Jihau", a 9000 year-old recipe based on pottery jars recovered from a village in Northern China. Sam heads to Egypt in order to bring back to life beer from one of man?s earliest civilizations.

I have a bottle of that in my basement.  Hmmmm.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Wow.  Two weeks in a row I watch this show where had to dump a batch.  First 120 Minute IPA, then Chateau Jihau.

Heartbreaking.

Not at it at all. 

Former runner

So I'm drinking this poppaskull tonight and I swear it has a barbecue chicken wings aroma. Must be the cardamom. Damn this stuff is good!

Ross

Former runner

Guess I won't be buying DFH locally in the future.

Thanks for understanding

"The distributors in the states we are pulling distribution from (Tennessee, Indiana, Wisconsin and Rhode Island) have already been notified of our decision."

Ross

Prince of Fatness

I visited the DFH brewery and brew pub over the weekend.  Honestly, I felt that the selection for takeout was quite limited.  Prices were much better than in my area, so I did stock up a little.  And I found World Wide Stout, which is a 18% Double Imperial Stout (relatively) cheap in a big package store.

The brew pub is cool 'cause you can get beer there that is not available anywhere else.  I had a glass of Death Metal, for example.  And Limb and Life, a session beer made with second runnings of the Dogfish/Sierra collaboration Life & Limb and brewed with maple and birch syrup then aged on Maple and Bay wood from Sam and Kens family farms 4.2% abv.  And 75 Minute IPA on cask.  And to my surprise they had Chicory Stout on draft so I had a couple of those, too (I went there twice).

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I brought home some 90 Minute IPA. Having one now. Damn this is good.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I brought home some 90 Minute IPA. Having one now. Damn this is good.

That is one of my favorite beers, ever.  I feel like Goldilocks when I drink it...it's "just right."

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Chicory Stout is in the house!

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

The same guy who got me the New Belgium beer down south also found this.

I had tasted this once before.  It's pretty tasty.  He also got me a bottle of 120 Minute IPA, too.

Not at it at all.