Drinkers with a Running Problem

Best Story Involving Alcohol (Read 498 times)

Ahh....alcohol...thank God it exists...adds so much to life. So, I worked in the 90's for four years on cruise ships...the stories I could tell...and will as time goes on. One of my favorite memories is rollerblading in Durban, South Africa with a co worker Jim. We basically did a pub crawl on rollerblades and ended up stopping off at a club in the afternoon....where at night comely women performed rythmic dances to captivating music in the all together. Well, it was much more TBN rated in the afternoon and the owner's dad was playing checkers with a pal in the bar. Once they heard us speak and realized we were Americans, the owner's dad offered to give us a driving tour of Durban. So, off we went. He was a brilliant tour guide and showes us their awesome city. He left us at a faux Hardrock Cafe after his tour. What a great day...and we would have never had it...had we not required a good beer. A lesson for life really...
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll have to think on this. I was tipsy and 17 when I first spied my hubby across a bonfire. That's a pretty good story involving booze, IMO. But I know there are some funny ones, too. I'll have to post some tomorrow. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have one involving these pictures...I'll have to explain it later (too much to type quietly). My husband in the top pic, my brother in the bottom (me behind the camera) Shocked

Michelle

I'll try to think of a nice one like Norm's.

Michelle

No worries....I have other stories...more on the edge....shall we say. What is it about us...we love to run....and enjoy good adult bevvies.....we are a funny lot!
            If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
              Running earns us the right to enjoy those poisons! Tongue

Michelle

True enough...wait till I share the story about playing tag with my cat while under the influence where I got two injuries to two important parts of my running body.....you will love it!
                  *lol* I can only imagine.

Michelle

RA is too cool! I love that a simple obsession joins us all!!!
                      I have a running scar, but I was totally sober when it happened. Death trap treadmill. I jumped off to tie my sneaker, forgot that I left the TM on and casually stepped back on ------ DON'T EVER DO THAT. I was totally off guard, feet swept out from me, landed face first on the treadmill belt, knees dug into the corners...blood, pain. My husband laughed for weeks about it. Angry

Michelle

RA is too cool! I love that a simple obsession joins us all!!!
                        Seriously, I am way behind at work because of RA. Someone should cut me off for a week. I'd develop detox symptoms for sure.

Michelle

Should I tell about the time I had my stomach pumped when I was 14?? NAH.

Michelle

My favorite (non-x rated) Evil grin memory from drinking is when I was about 16 and went to a party in Ocean City, NJ. My boyfriend (whom I married a year later) and I went to a party there. It was so cool. They had music playing all night long, at one point Billy Joel's Piano Man came on the radio and everyone got together and started singing along. There's wasn't a face in the room (there were about 20 people in that room) without a huge smile as we sang and swayed. Now every time I hear Piano Man I think of that night.

Michelle

Aww...I like that one! Another time, I was working on the QE2 and we were in Liverpool, England. We set up giant speakers and played Beatles music for the people of Liverpool as we partied. I remember being "in my cups" as they would say and holding hands in a circle with a bunch of Brits as we sang along. It was awesome! Hee hee....by the way, maybe we need to start another thread for those OTHER stories that we can't even tell Mom....that would be fun! ;-)
                                Aww...I like that one! Another time, I was working on the QE2 and we were in Liverpool, England. We set up giant speakers and played Beatles music for the people of Liverpool as we partied. I remember being "in my cups" as they would say and holding hands in a circle with a bunch of Brits as we sang along. It was awesome!
                                That does sound awesome! I have a weakness for singing while drinking. ESPECIALLY when everyone joins in. It makes the memory last forever. AWESOME.

Michelle