Drinkers with a Running Problem

Wine "Tasting" Party (Read 313 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Starts at 5pm tomorrow at one of did's co-worker's places. We're bringing 3 bottles and our inflatable mattress. I have a feeling we're going to be in some serious pain come Sunday AM. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Niiiice, have fun! We're going to a "wine in the cellar" event at our local winery next weekend--- diff wines and chilis .. YUM!!!!
      2009: BQ?
        We went to a wine tasting party last weekend, but we only brought one bottle and no mattress. Your party sounds like a lot of fun!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Deluxe! Its time that I was invited to a tasting party! We hosted a wine tasting party last year....... it was sponsored by some company trying to promote Ontario (Canada) wine and they provided 3 cases of wine and 3 dozen tasting glasses (for us to keep). It was pretty amazing. Drink Canadian wine! http://www.vqaontario.com/
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aaaaannnd...I feel like crap today. Blush Dead There was roughly 1 bottle consumed for every person drinking at the party...and several people were DDs and didn't drink much--so some of us (heh, like me) probably drank close to 1.5 bottles by themselves. Ugh. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Aaaaannnd...I feel like crap today. Blush Dead There was roughly 1 bottle consumed for every person drinking at the party...and several people were DDs and didn't drink much--so some of us (heh, like me) probably drank close to 1.5 bottles by themselves. Ugh. Tongue
              *passes Advil and Gingerale to Kirsten* Take it easy today! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No pain...I just feel really meh--a bit queasy, intestines were pissed this AM. Mostly dehydrated, but lots of coffee and bacon help. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

No pain...I just feel really meh--a bit queasy, intestines were pissed this AM. Mostly dehydrated, but lots of coffee and bacon help. Big grin
                  Oh, one of those days. My tactic is to gorge with food...LOTS and LOTS of food, especially spicy. For some reason my body wants spicy food when I have a hangover. Confused

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OJ and bacon is always what I have craved when hung-over. I must get short on vitamin C and sodium.

~ Sarah Kay

Big Chicken!

Everytime I drink too much, I am starving all day. No matter how much I eat, I still need more. Kinda like a really long run. Glad to here the party was fun. I was thinking of doing something similar for a Spouses' Group thing here. I make this great bread (so I've been told) so I'd do the bread, lots of it, with olive oil and wines, mainly Spanish since they are local and inexpensive.
                      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
                        Spanish wines are underrated in the US, methinks. I also get Spanish olive oil over Italian. And Spanish cheese are great, too. Oh, and jamon Iberica. Well, that's, I think, still only available in Spain, but may be coming here. I know it will be PRICEY here. It will blow any similar cured ham type product away. Hands down.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dan...and tapas...YUM! One of the top-rated tapas joints is an hour away from us, but $$, which is why I have only eaten there once. It was SO good, though! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

oh yeah, tapas. and pinxos (or something like that.) eating a lot of little stuff is fun. we were lucky enough to go to spain a few years ago for the wedding of my wife's friend from grad school. she (the friend) studied in the states but lives in bilbao. that's where we got hooked on all things spanish and yummy.

Big Chicken!

I have learned that no two paellas are alike. And you can't just go into a venta or other restaurante and order some. You have to call at least a day ahead to order it. Waiting to get to Valencia to have some. Supposedly the "birthplace" of paella. Just had chocolate y churros the other day. MMMMM...and bodega tours are coming up. This one we are doing includes a meal (late-lunch-ish time), tour and muchos free samples of wine! As long as it's not sherry (different than the sherry we drink in the states) I'll be okay. WAAAAY too sweet. Lovin' the free samples part!! Dan, you mentioned jamon Iberica. Now that's a big, fat MMMMMMM! I don't really eat pork but I will make an exception for jamon any day. Nice thin shaved slices...I'm just about drooling!
                              Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
                              pandajenn19

Just had chocolate y churros the other day. MMMMM...
                                Oh. My. The memories. Best times ever, going out to a pre-bar around 11:00, going to the huge club around 2:00, then heading to the after bar around 4:00, and getting chocolate con churros on the way home around 6:00 so I could take a 1 hour nap and be in class by 8:00. I miss that!