Drinkers with a Running Problem

Anyone have any big New Year's Eve plans? (Read 323 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nothing too huge for me. Probably going to a party that is kid-friendly and starts at 7. Chances are I'll be at home and asleep when the ball drops. In other words, not likely the kind of evening that will produce much of a story.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're going to a kid-friendly party with our JDRF friends. I'm guessing we will leave right after midnight, since it's about an hour away and I'm doing a race at 11am on NYD. I won't be drinking much, because of the race and did will need a DD. Evil grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We're going to a party at a homebrewer's house -- should be some good ales there I think. Dunno how late we'll stay, though. Hmm, I have to talk PDR into driving.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Law school girlfriend and her husband are having a party at their house ... lots of beer, wine, and champange! Oh, and we'll be playing silly board games until we're too drunk to focus Wink
          2009: BQ?

...---...

I'll be at a bowl game in Atlanta with wife and freinds of ours. Got a great rate in mid-town at the Marriott.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Head Procrastinator

Walking to the end of the hall to a neighbors. Don't need a DD. Might need a DW (designated walk home)
              ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                We're kid friendly on NYE - party at my house. If you've got kids, bring them - the more the merrier. Big grin We'll have ping pong, Foos ball, air-hockey, toss across...etc. And lots and lots of junk and loud music.

Michelle

Just dinner out with friends, a few drinks, a good cigar to celebrate the old and new... and of course, worry about my daughters who will be out having their own good time until they get home safely! I remember the "kid friendly" days - they sure were easier on the ulcer. Tongue Happy New Year everyone!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Low key dinner with a few dear friends this year. I bought the wine for the main course today. Should be a hoot.
                      Walking to the end of the hall to a neighbors. Don't need a DD. Might need a DW (designated walk home)
                      Haha, I used to need a DW when we went to the bars in college and walked stumbled home.
                      2009: BQ?
                        A good fiend of mine always offers to be the DD.... but his definition of DD is Drunk & Disorderly Good times.... low key dinner with friends.... maybe play a Wii. Can the Wii be considered cross training? Jason

...---...

JasonR - Love the picture of you holding the doughnut after a race! You're my kind of runner. Trishie proably approves too. I seem to recall reading her approval for those doing the Krispy Kreme Challenge Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

JasonR - Love the picture of you holding the doughnut after a race! You're my kind of runner. Trishie proably approves too. I seem to recall reading her approval for those doing the Krispy Kreme Challenge Smile
                            It wasn't able to soften the blow of not being able to get anyone to join me for a post race Guinness. First race and nobody would have a beer with me...... I need better friends. Wink Jason

...---...

It wasn't able to soften the blow of not being able to get anyone to join me for a post race Guinness.... Jason
                              Surely such a travesty has never occured. We'll be seeing you in the "Drinkers with a running problem" discussion group then? You won't have trouble finding someone to hoist a pint with you in there. Cheers

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Surely such a travesty has never occured. We'll be seeing you in the "Drinkers with a running problem" discussion group then? You won't have trouble finding someone to hoist a pint with you in there. Cheers
                                *Nudge* we are in there. Big grin

sean