Drinkers with a Running Problem

Beers we don't like (Read 758 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Trent is wise. He knows that beer is food, not "food". It's not processed, and it's mostly plants. And most people think of fungi as plants, there ya go. Oh, and the not too much part applies as well. At least in the long term.

Ex runner

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I really like most of the Dogfish beers. But I tried the Midas Touch yesterday and couldn't finish it. It started out interestingly. But by midway the scuppernong overwhelmed my ability to stomach this brew. It's described by the brewery as a middle-ground of wine and mead. Perhaps, given the right food accompaniment my impression would be different. Doubt it.

Today I will choose among Sam Adams summer Ale or 'Longshot' MileHigh Barley Wine vs Old Ben Ale

Enjoy

tingly

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

I haven't been watching this thread........getting in a little late.

For me, most any fruit beers.........non-Belgium fruit beers, that is.  My only real favorite is New Glarus Raspberry Tart.

While I am at it.......pretty much any wheat beer.  Just never found the fascination when there are so many more flavorful beers out there.  

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NG RT is great.  But the cherry is even better! Smile
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NG RT is great.  But the cherry is even better! Smile

+1.  Both of those are excellent, but the cherry is better.  BTW, Friday night we were at friends' house and I saw that blasted Leinie's Berry Weiss in their fridge.  I asked if that was what it was and she asked if I wanted one.  I told her what I thought of that beer and she was surprised.  But she tends to like wines like Muscato, too.  Ish. *shudders*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

FWIW, I am drinking a NG Cranbic right now.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

FWIW, I am drinking a NG Cranbic right now.

I hate you!  My folks couldn't even find this at Thanksgiving when we were all together. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You guys are lucky that you get to drink it regularly.  The only time I get to try it is during the Great American Beer Festival in late Sept./early Oct.  The line at their booth during the festival is always one of the longest.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You guys are lucky that you get to drink it regularly. 

Trent is lucky that HE gets to drink it regularly.  I only get to drink it when we all meet in IL at my brother's place and my folks bring some.  I haven't actually been to WI in a few years.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hoard it when I drive to WI once a year.  Occasionally I can get special deliveries...
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hoard it when I drive to WI once a year.  Occasionally I can get special deliveries...

I need to borrow a big truck or van next time I venture across the Cheddar Curtain.

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

I sampled some Rauchbier this week and decided it's just not a style I can get into. We had some Spezial Rauchbier Lager and some homebrew versions but none of them was anything I would be willing to drink more than a sample. The funny thing is that I've smelled the cherry wood smoked malt and it smelled good. One of them had a distinct Band-aid aroma.

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shorts Brewery's Key Lime Pie.  I don't know why I wasted my money on this.  Someone whose judgement I usually trust said it was pretty good, but I didn't agree with Beer Advocate's B+ rating.  I would give it a C+.  Too damned sweet.  Better than Leinie's Berry Weiss, but it was similar with that heavy, syrupy sweetness that turns me off.  We'll probably use the rest to boil brats and make beer bread.

~ Sarah Kay

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Leinie's Berry Weiss, of course.  Worst. "beer". ever.

This is so true. I wanted to slap the host for buying it.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre