Drinkers with a Running Problem

Shotgunning or bonging? What's your favorite route to speedy beer ingestion? (Read 374 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'll admit I don't think I've done either of these things this decade. Just curious as to what the gallery thinks. I have good "memories" of both. In college, a buddy and I each shotgunned a beer every 10 minutes until we'd finished a case between us while watching a Michigan game. And then we each did 4~5 more for good measure. Incidentally, this was the only time I've ever painted my face to watch a football game. On television. As for beer bongs; Ah, I remember my first bong. I went to South Padre for spring break. Michigan seemed to have spring break earlier than most schools. So Padre was kinda quiet; mostly U-M, Eastern Michigan people, and some Canadians who were real pricks about Canadian beer being better because of higher %ABV. (They were right, of course). Anywho, my buddy and I went to a hardware store, and I was trying to be all nonchalant: "Excuse me, sir. Where might I find funnels? And do you have any plastic tubing?" Dude was all like (in heavily accented English). "DUDE! You want to make a bong! You are first one this year!" He proceeded to give us valuable advice on proper funnel sizing and tube diameter as well as some excellent hints on the use of hose clamps and superglue to ensure a good seal. This bong became an artifact of almost religious significance; two years after I graduated, I came back to U-M for a game and partied with some of my younger friends. And my bong was still in use. You can imagine how band geeks might use a bong. TWEET-TWEET-THREE-FOUR-UP! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! If I had to pick between the two, I'd say shotgunning for it's simplicity -- just a can of beer, car keys, and some courage.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

obiebyke

I've never done either. I have, however, worn a beer hat. Those things ROCK.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Lazy idiot

I'll take bonging. Too much waste with shotgunning for my taste.

Tick tock

Beer Bongs bring back memories of High School for me. Come on, you remember piling into Dale's mustang and going out to Elisa Howell, don't you? Beer Bong Central !!!! Such fun!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Never tried shotgunning, but I tried bonging once and decided it was too messy. I'm just not good at that. I'm a lightweight, anyhow, so I don't need fancy methods to get myself inebriated quickly.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm a lightweight, anyhow, so I don't need fancy methods to get myself inebriated quickly.
              Not a bad thing. And very cost effective!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I'm a cheap date...I think that's what did first loved about me. I was drunk when we first met. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Shotgun! Still a favorite for parties when there aren't children around. Big grin I end up wearing some of it but they are fun.

Michelle

i was a shotgunning man, waaaaaaay back when.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

PWL

Has been

When I was in college, we always went for a "Power Hour" or a "Century Club" when we wanted to get tanked quickly. Ahh...my frat boy days. Yes

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Queen of 3rd Place

Urp! That brings back some memories! For some odd reason, the bong went down EZ! But then I learned that shots of booze work even better. ..And then I learned about spending the night hugging the toilet... Tongue PWL - Wow, Andre the Giant! Good one for a drinkers forum: http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html Cheers, Arla

Ex runner

...---...

The shotgun was our method of choice back in the day. we never fully masterd the elevated funnel//hose or bong thing. We did, however, get pretty good at double barrel shotguning beer though. if you don't want to be sticky after this, you gotta think ahead.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Either/or. Giddy up. When? And, where?
                              I'll take the Bong please. But the best is the leisurely day boil while watching sporting events or playing xBox. day boil: the act of getting pissed up between sunrise and sunset, generally a day boil continues into the evening unless the dreaded mid-afternoon nap kills the momentum.
                              PWL

Has been

I'll take the Bong please. But the best is the leisurely day boil while watching sporting events or playing xBox. day boil: the act of getting pissed up between sunrise and sunset, generally a day boil continues into the evening unless the dreaded mid-afternoon nap kills the momentum.
                                Breakfast drinking. Mmmm... Every other Sunday in college used to have the tradition of being "Kegs & Eggs". You'd roll out of bed, tap the keg, and sit down to breakfast. I'm feeling a bit nauseous now thinking about it. Dead

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."