Drinkers with a Running Problem

What cha' doing for St. Patty's Day ? (Read 342 times)

Too bad it's on a Monday!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need to get some green food coloring... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I used to work with a bloke from Ireland many years ago. I asked him if they do the whole green beer thing on St. Patty's day back in Ireland. He said to me, "aw, that's a load of crap. We just wake up extra early and get pissed."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm gonna get as many Guinness in my system as possible between the time I get home from work and the time I pass out.
            Not sure yet, but my fav st. paddy's day was when I was living in London (and James was visiting) and our flat did a pub crawl ... buy a pint, drink it, move on. I only made it to four pubs before I had to be carried home by James ... who had no idea where we lived and no sense of where we were. Oh, but James, um, 'borrowed' a bunch of sweet pub glasses that are now in our china hutch!
            2009: BQ?
              I need to get some green food coloring... Evil grin
              Me too!!

- Anya

Making a big ol' Crock-Pot full of Corned Beef and Cabbage on Sun and will wash it down with several pints of Guinness. Putting food colouring in beer is an abomination that will get your arse thrown right out of Ireland. Might play well in Wales though. Friggin' Welshies.
                  Making a big ol' Crock-Pot full of Corned Beef and Cabbage on Sun and will wash it down with several pints of Guinness. .
                  Man, that sounds good. Can I stop by ?

- Anya

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't drink green beer! And food coloring would be worthless in Guinness, which is what you should be drinking! (Or another stout. Or Harp.) I've assembled a mix case of Guinness, Beamish and Murphy's stouts. We're driving from Pittsburgh to NYC on Saturday to see friends. We'll have an Irish feast. (colcannon w/ kale, cashel blue cheese and celery soup is what we're bringing, along w/ the stout.) MAY bring along some of the special sold-at-Bushmills Distillery-only-whiskey I got on our fall trip. Listen to loads of Irish music (I make a mix CD every year: From Clancy Bros. to traditional jigs and reels to The Pogues. No Corrs, Enya, etc.) Sunday: See The Pogues with said friends! I hope it's awesome. This is a band I came somewhat late to, and haven't seen them. And Shane is well, Shane. A genius poet and a drunk. I hope he can hold it together for a good show. We WON'T be sporting lame shamrock deelybobbers, fake Mardi Gras beads and the like. I hate that crap. Will be sporting a kilt. Will also avoid bars, which tend to draw amatuer drinkers and seem to celebrate Irish stereotypes I dislike. Oh, and 13-15 miles may be a wee bit tough Sunday morning, laddies!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I will need to download some Dropkick Murphys before the holiday, too... And get some Harp. Good stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think I will need to download some Dropkick Murphys before the holiday, too... And get some Harp. Good stuff.
                        They're good, too. Flogging Molly's another good band. Not as punk as DM.
                          The Pogues and the Dropkick Murphys - all good. Will check out Flogging Molly's. Slainte!
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Speaking of The Pogues -- Blender magazine recently ran a feature on the worst sets of teeth in rock, and Pogues lead singer Shane McGowan was #1. Can't say I disagree. Actually, I don't think he has any teeth currently, which is a major improvement.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

That's my Shane!
                              C-R

Monday shmonday. No irishman or woman for that matter will care what the day is for chasing snakes with a shillaleigh. So me and my mates will be drinking non-colored Jamesons at Ginty O'Tooles listening to traditional Irish folk tunes and discussing how Notre Dame football will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix Tongue Why did god invent whiskey/ To keep the irish from conquering the world. Erin Go Bragh

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/