Guns n Poses

Burpees anyone? (Read 500 times)

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

well, I'm one day away from completing the 100 burpee challenge.

No health issues yet, I should be able to finish tomorrow.

If anyone else is still around and doing them, good luck.

I feel all alone.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Finished yesterday as planned.

5 sets of 20

Now what do I do???

Carl A

Finished yesterday as planned.

5 sets of 20

Awesome - congratulations!

Now what do I do???

Appreciate the strength.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I've started (just last Friday) incorporating the 8-point bodybuilder variation of burpees into 2 of my runs each week - since my current goal is to complete a couple of 5k mud/obstacle runs, which both have around 10 obstacles, I figured that a set of burpees every 0.3 miles on a 5k run might give me an approximation of what I'll be facing in regards to the obstacles. I've started with sets of 10 burpees every 0.3 miles, for a total of 100 burpees per "Burpee Run" (I missed my first 0.3 mile checkpoint on Friday, so only got 90 in on that run, but made the full 100 today).

So, what would the general thought be on how spread out (or not) the burpees have to be to "count"? I've already made it to 100, but it was very spread out, across 10 sets of 10, so it feels a bit like cheating - I don't think there's any way I could do 3 sets of 33...

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

jeffdonahue

Okay, I am in.  I think I'll just start tonight by doing as many as I can without stopping and use that as my baseline.  Or maybe I'll just start at one.

Seanv2

Okay, I am in.  I think I'll just start tonight by doing as many as I can without stopping and use that as my baseline.  Or maybe I'll just start at one.

Jeff, you're on fire with the body weight work!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

Jeff, you're on fire with the body weight work!

I'm trying.  I figure doing bodyweight work may keep me from injuring myself this year.  Last year, every time I tried to start lifting weights, I ended up hurting something.  Trying to keep it well rounded, but also trying to figure out how to do each of these workouts.  Right now I alternate days - pullups and pushups, but burpees will have to be every day so I'll probably do those after the pullups or pushups.

Luckily the burpee challenge doesnt require it to be in one set - though imagine how fit I'd be if I could do 100 burpees non-stop?

I was also doing the plank challenge over in the Masters Running group but fell off the wagon on that one.  I'd do the crunches but my lower abdominal strain from last Fall still hasnt healed completely.