Guns n Poses

Welcome (Read 439 times)

John Weigel

Pool running.  It's really boring, but it's a great cardio workout.  One of those "you get out of it what you put into it" things.

I know it well.  One of my college coaches was a big believer in this even when healthy.  One of my teammates would strap a bungie cord to him and swim run that way to increase the intensity.  Back then I did it only when I had to.  Over the past 15 years or so, at times it has been part of my regular routine just to give my knee a break.  I put my i-pod in a plastic bag, put it under my ball cap and swim run that way.  It staves off the boredom pretty well. 

Hope it's not to late to get in? For some reason this challenge caught my eye, I guess I'm just a sucker for challenges. Anyway, my name is Brendan and in my initial test I completed 45 pushups. What is the name of the iphone app some of you are using?

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
      Seanv2

Hope it's not to late to get in? For some reason this challenge caught my eye, I guess I'm just a sucker for challenges. Anyway, my name is Brendan and in my initial test I completed 45 pushups. What is the name of the iphone app some of you are using?

Hey Brendan, welcome! Definitely not too late to join the challenge! And when I started this group I envisioned it as more than just 100 push ups, i'm going to start some other threads on other bodyweight stuff. As for the iPhone app I think it is just called "one hundred push ups". I got it so long ago I forget if it cost anything.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Hey Brendan, welcome! Definitely not too late to join the challenge! And when I started this group I envisioned it as more than just 100 push ups, i'm going to start some other threads on other bodyweight stuff. As for the iPhone app I think it is just called "one hundred push ups". I got it so long ago I forget if it cost anything.

I just got that app after seeing you post about it the other day. There is a free one. The "official" one is $1.99. They are very similar. I tried them both for a couple minutes before deciding to use the $1.99 one.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Welcome runners and others interested in body weight work outs. Just because you're trying to get a BQ doesn't mean you can't have killer pecs.

Basically this is me as my avatar suggests.Wink  Been running recreationally for 30+ years.  Running more competitively the past 3 years after joining a running club.  Recently injured [ego v. age] so have been rehabbing and building mileage again.  In the meantime have been hitting free-weights [more regular recently] and bicycling a lot more  on rest days. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

John Weigel

Recently injured [ego v. age]  

Welome, Joe.  I wish I did not know what you mean, but I have been in this constant battle for the past 3 years.  Unfortunately, my ego never wins. 

John