Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

No fooling around - mark your calendars, looks like opening night is 4/1 (Read 351 times)

Looks like the site has (sorta) been updated, it still has the Summertime Series banner but now lists the opening night as April 1st. Since April 1st was NOT a Tuesday last year, it looks like current information. The entry forms have not been updated yet, and online registration does not appear to be active but at least there is some activity. Today's mild weather and activity on the GT site are good signs, but don't be fooled into thinking the winter is done. Wait for the Sox pitchers and catchers to report before you make that annual mistake. Smile Stay tuned, I'll post again when the forms have been updated.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

This group needs some more action. Big grin
        The banner has now been updated (even though the application hasn't...) How's that for action? With the damned writer's strike in progress, my "fooling around" reference for the April Fool's Day opening is as good as it's likely to get. Sorry.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Beer motivational challenge!! April 1: Last one across the line buys the first round! You're both much more experienced runners than me, and have the local course knowledge, but looks like our times are in the same ballpark. Trents got youth on his side. BadDawg has that sick 20 mile long run. All I have is willpower. I need something to train for. Are you 2 in? Tom
            I need something to train for. Are you 2 in? Tom
            No. I suppose I can't just let it drop like that, now can I? I'll buy your first mug o' suds, no strings attached. All you have to do is show up and cover the course. That way you can just take a leisurely tour and get the lay of the land. The following week you run, beat your time and pick up your first Miley "medal". (I've never seen this young lady at the race, and I think I'd remember if I had Smile )

E.J.

evtish

Good strategy. Damn, I was hoping those two were regulars.
                Mmmmmm beer
                evtish

Where do I pahhk my cahh? Will we be running on snow and ice? Maybe I'll bring my crampons for traction. Just had to repost the twins. Nice tatoo! In FL last year at the pool this black lady with a huge pair had eyes tatooed on each breast, it was hilarious.
                    Where do I pahhk my cahh? Will we be running on snow and ice? Maybe I'll bring my crampons for traction.
                    If you get there early enough, you can find on-street parking unless there is a church or high school event taking place. I usually wind up in the lot of a bank just down the block from Hookslide's, the bank is closed for the night by the time I get there and I've never had a problem (knock wood). If worse comes to worse, there is a municipal garage across the street from Hookslide's. I just heard a pretty good forecast for next week, but what the hell do they know? During last year's Spring series, the third week was the worst weather. It was cold, raining like monsoon season, and we had to run an alternate course because the regular course was under water. It was fun for those hardy souls that showed up. The biggest problem we're likely to encounter will be sliding on sand, or jumping over branches. Kinda like a steeplechase equestrian event.

E.J.

evtish

Hey, it was nice to meet you guys last night. Thanks for letting me hang around with you since I didn't know anyone. Nice runs. Ed - guess now you're shooting for 19. Stalker PS: I had a headache from only 4 beers. Guess I'll have to get into biatholon shape, racing and drinking.
                        I had a headache from only 4 beers. Guess I'll have to get into biatholon shape, racing and drinking.
                        Not exactly four beers, those are 16 ouncers so four of them is 64 ounces or 5 1/3 beers. Hope that makes you feel a lot better about yourself. Clowning around

E.J.

evtish

Anything less than a pint is a pony for the Irish Clowning around