Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

14th Annual Showcase 5 Miler (Read 189 times)

http://www.coolrunning.com/major/08/showcase5/ If anyone's looking for something to do on a Wednesday night I'd recommend this race. I ran it last year and its a pretty hilly course. Hopefully some of you can make an appearance.
      A hilly five miler the night after Good Times? I hope this isn't an excuse to skip the Mistake on the Lake relay.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Ed, it's not. Trent is very adamate about doing the "mistake on the lake" relay unlike you who are not 100% commited. The showcase is 9 days away from the 24 hour ordeal. I might do the Showcase if it fits my training schedule.
          No way I'm missing the Mistake on the Lake. That sounds likes a lot of fun.
            I ran this the last two years and I expect to run it again this year. it is a tough course. When I ran it two years ago, it was the first race I had run in 10 years, and my time sucked accordingly. What I remember about last year was that it rained and the field was pretty small and Christy Fox won the female division, and I came in behind her.
              Ya I remember it started pouring about 2 minutes after I finished. It was one of the only races that I've not hung around afterwards.