Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Winner's Circle April Fools 4 Miler - Saturday March 28th at 11:00am (Read 658 times)

The Winners Circle April Fools 4 Miler is fun, if you survive the walk to the start. The bar is on a very busy street, and you have to get across it to get to the start. If you run it keep a sharp eye out for LOTS of potholes, last year the surface at the Start/Finish looked like a bomb-scarred war zone. I don't think I'll be running this one this year, I have my final long run for Boston on the calendar.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

welcome to my lovely pot hole ridden town of salisbury! you think it's bad for a race try running after work in the dark Black eye
        welcome to my lovely pot hole ridden town of salisbury! you think it's bad for a race try running after work in the dark Black eye
        I hear you on that. I didn't see one the other night, because it was fairly small. It was also very deep, and my heel never touched bottom. My shoe hit the edge of the damned pothole, and all the impact was right under my arch. My foot was OK but it sent a shockwave up through my shin. I was not a happy camper.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

If you run it keep a sharp eye out for LOTS of potholes, last year the surface at the Start/Finish looked like a bomb-scarred war zone.
          Forgot to mention the potholes were filled with the cold and murky black byproducts of snowbank meltdown. Talk about some hazardous waste.

E.J.

It's one of the LOCO series races, so I'm already signed up. I actually like this race; nice and flat.

upcoming races:

It's one of the LOCO series races, so I'm already signed up. I actually like this race; nice and flat.
              I like it too, would be running it if not for the 29 miler scheduled for the next day. Finish fast, and get your beer(s) before the keg runs out. I wasn't in any hurry last year and wound up with only one free beer. Cry

E.J.

Winners Circle April Fools 4 Miler is fun, if you survive the walk to the start. The bar is on a very busy street, and you have to get across it to get to the start. Smile Too funny- dont spend alot of time at the winners circle before the race. Staggering across rte 110 with Budweiser eyes is a bad scenario.
                  Smile Too funny- dont spend alot of time at the winners circle before the race. Staggering across rte 110 with Budweiser eyes is a bad scenario.
                  I won't be there to keep you in line, so I want you all to behave yourselves. All excessive boozing is to wait until you are done running and safely ensconced on a bar stool with a designated driver on hand. Otherwise, I'll be up 'til all hours worrying. You running this one Chris?

E.J.

Yes, I think so... I've been nursing Achilles tendonitis since early December so am kinda nervous about racing again. Its been a really slow recovery.
                      Yes, I think so... I've been nursing Achilles tendonitis since early December so am kinda nervous about racing again. Its been a really slow recovery.
                      Sorry to hear about the achilles Chris, that sucks. Don't blame you for being nervous, I would play it really safe myself.

E.J.

RickyB

is anyone going to run this???????
                        lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I will be there not sure my 1o min mile pace qualify's as running but if it does then I will be. It is one of the Loco series and I am runn all of them execpt the May 3rd one. I am debating on Providance that day instead. Will depend on how boston goes. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

RickyB

I'd say that it qualify's, for sure. maybe i'll see you there. it's a nice fast course
                              Forecast says 54 sunny, glorious degrees. Then free beer. Can't wait.

upcoming races:

Forecast says 54 sunny, glorious degrees. Then free beer. Can't wait.
                                Sounds a lot better than the Sunday forecast, good call by Winner's Circle.

E.J.