Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

To Derry or Not To Derry, That is the Question??? (Read 119 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Well folks, I wanted to do a New Years Run, the Wicked Frosty Four. I tried running a few days before and I could only run at like a fifteen minute pace and ankles immediately throbbed after. I shut it down for another 10-12 days and I tried running today. I remembered a stretch that is a good stretch for the achilles that seemed to help me big. I felt better several days ago but decided to wait a few extra days before trying again. I did my "2 mile classic" run today in my neighborhood. I averaged an 11:51 pace for two miles. I'm feeling alright after. I did Derry last year at 14:13 pace. I paid the dough for this year's 16 mile hell on hills run months in advance. Should I do it for a training run? I think I shoul do itd as long as I take it slow. If all I have to beat is 14:13 (last year's horrid pace) then I shouldn't have too much of a problem beating that. I did 11:47 in October for a whole marathon. Any other goodtimers man enough to step up to this year's 16 mile "moderate challenge"? CoolEvil grinEvil grinEvil grinEvil grinEvil grin