Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

So when's the next race? (Read 506 times)

evtish

That'll be my comeback race

You guys looked good last Tuesday.

First Tuesday in April '10.  I think some folks might be running the Lemkin this Sunday, but I'll be doing a long run on my marathon schedule so it's out for me.

I have a pretty big gap on my racing calendar.  Unless I plug some other stuff in, next up is the Ollie on September 12th.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

DekRunner

Next up for me is the Marcia Lemkin 5K out of JFK plaza (near Tsongas arena) in Lowell this Sunday (8/30).  Part of the course is the same as the Good Times.

EJ - you might want to consider the Irish American Road Race out of Malden on September 7.  It has a 5K and a 10K race.  One of the sponsors is Bud Light ... which usually means lots of beer post race.

Tom, I'm pretty sure I've raced less than you this year.

I am running the Lemkin 5k on Sunday. I ran it last year, it's a pretty good course.

EJ - you might want to consider the Irish American Road Race out of Malden on September 7.  It has a 5K and a 10K race.  One of the sponsors is Bud Light ... which usually means lots of beer post race.

I believe I will give that race very serious consideration, thanks Tom.  And have fun at the Lemkin boys, run tall, race hard, finish strong.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Here is my race schedule for Fall 2009.  It is a lot lighter than 2008 but should be quite fun.

9-12 Ollie 5 Miler

9-20 Lone Gull 10K

9-27 No Race this weekend (Reach the Beer Team at Reach the Beach)

10-4 Smuttynose Half Marathon (free entry: treating more like a training run/long run)

10-11 Bobby Bell 5 Miler

10-18 Dorchester Firefighter 10K

10-25 no race this weekend

11-1 Lexington Battlegreen 10K

11-8 no race this weekend

11-15 1st Annual Chilly Half Marathon

11-22 no race this weekend

11-29 Tough Ten Turkey Trot (low cost to entry, may treat like training run)

My next race is Applefest 1/2 Marathon on September 26.

Atkinson Road Race on 9/3 (my town)

Canal Diggers 5k in Worcester 9/13

Breast Cancer 5k in Portsmouth 9/19

upcoming races:

My next race is Applefest 1/2 Marathon on September 26.

I'll be there with you. Before that, I'll be doing the Wapack 17.5 mile trail race on Sept 6th, and then Reach the Beach as part of a 6 person team (40 mile leg) the following weekend. Good luck at Applefest!

evtish

First Tuesday in April '10. 

Did I expect anything else from you.

Good choices here.  I'll have to commit to one.

Decided to plug in some other stuff.  Ran the Lynn Woods Relay tonight with Barefoot Tim, bdanehy and Randy of the Shamrocks.  Hilly and rocky 2.5 mile out and back cross country course, with some single track.  I ran pretty well, I had 16:04 on my Garmin.  Wanted to stick around for the team results, but the mosquitoes were threatening to drain all of my blood or carry me off.

E.J.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

9-26 Applefest Half Marathon

10-3 NH Marathon 10k (NHGP)

10-4 Peak Performance Maine Marathon

10-11 BAA Half Marathon

10-18 Baystate Marathon

10-25 12th Annual Groton Town Forest Trail Run 9.5 mile.

11-1 TIP Family 4 Mile Run or Walk

11-7 Run For All Ages 5K

11-22 The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

12-6 MILL CITIES RELAY Hopefully I can find a team.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

9-26 Applefest Half Marathon

10-3 NH Marathon 10k (NHGP)

10-4 Peak Performance Maine Marathon

10-11 BAA Half Marathon

10-18 Baystate Marathon

10-25 12th Annual Groton Town Forest Trail Run 9.5 mile.

11-1 TIP Family 4 Mile Run or Walk

11-7 Run For All Ages 5K

11-22 The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Idiot.  

E.J.

Greater Derry will get you a slot.

upcoming races:

Good luck Trent, Doug and Jason at Applefest (did I miss anybody?) and see y'all at Winni and the Kerouac.

E.J.