Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Stu's 30K - Sunday March 1st in Clinton, MA (Read 704 times)

Stu's 30K is a nice little race on a course which is similar to the "moderately challenging" Boston Prep course in Derry, NH. I ran it last year and had more fun than humans should be allowed to have. With an elevation profile like this you know it HAS to be fun. If you want to have more fun than humans should be allowed to have, you should run it too. Fee bumps from $30.00 to $40.00 soon, so don't delay, act now.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

DekRunner

Hey Dawg! Hope you “have more fun than humans should be allowed to have” on your Sunday stroll around the Wachusett Reservoir. J
        Hey Dawg! Hope you “have more fun than humans should be allowed to have” on your Sunday stroll around the Wachusett Reservoir. J
        I'm praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for decent weather. Oh please, oh please, oh please...

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Feel free to drink a beer in my honor after the race.
            Feel free to drink a beer in my honor after the race.
            If I survive this thing, I'll have more than a beer in your honor.

E.J.

I would expect nothing less. Plus you need to be in peak drinking form for good times.
                Stu's actually went pretty well, all things considered. It snowed the entire time, and at one point I had to stop and hit my hat on a guardrail to remove the ice and snow. It was weighing the hat down and it was slipping down and covering my eyes. That was a first. The CMS folks think of everything, they even had ice in the water and gatorade. ; ) A year kinda takes the sharp edges off your memories, I had pretty much forgotten just how MANY hills there are on the course. After mile two, there are almost NO level stretches. You're either climbing or descending, and after a while both hurt. The footing actually wasn't too bad in most spots, in other spots you had to choose between slop and traffic safety. For the most part, when I had to choose I played it safe and kept left in the slop. I managed to take about ten minutes off last year's time, finishing in 2:23:38 Here's a pic from the two mile mark, note that unlike the hardy (and/or crazy) soul to my right I was NOT wearing shorts.

E.J.

Great pic. Were there anymore?
                    Great pic. Were there anymore?
                    What more could you want?

E.J.

Jessica wearing her Black Widow attire...

E.J.