Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Garmen Forerunner (Read 374 times)

RickyB

Hey everyone, I'm going to buy one of these but have some questions. I know Tom and EJ have the 205. I think the only differance between the 205 and 305 is the heart monitor and foot pod? would you guys recomend the 205? have you had any problems etc.? I see you can get refurbished ones on ebay with a 1 year warranty from Garmen for about $135.00. anyone had one refurbished, if so what for? Thanks for the input guys! see you all soon
      You should be able to buy a brand new non-refurb for close to that price. I bought my 305 from amazon for $159 with free shipping, around 2 months ago. I have seen best buy selling the 305 for $150 recently, since the new models have been announced. The only difference between the 205 and 305 is that the 305 comes with the heart rate monitor. You can not use a HM with the 205, even if you buy one.
        I think you should buy the 305, regardless of cost and use the heart monitor. Then regardless of what it tells you, you should use it as justification to quit running. You can never be too safe, always err on the side of caution.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=118&utm_id=14&ref=nextag&utm_source=NexTag&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GRFR305&sku=GRFR305 BBB rated, free shipping, $160.00 new (don't know anything about buydig.com from personal experience) If you never bother with the heart rate monitor (or the optional footpod) it's a red 205.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

I bought the 205 last May after seeing EJ's cheat device in action. It broke in August, wouldn't power on correctly. Even after the super secret RESET procedure it would still mess up. Sent it back to Garmin and they shipped me a new (refurb) one. Customer service was really good. Glad it was under warranty. I like it, although I did run my PR last year on NO WATCHES night. Only get the 305 if you plan on training in HR zones. but you don't seem like you'd use that feature. RB wants to go fast, run till you drop.

RickyB

I ended up getting the 305. Tom your right I probably wont end up using the hr monitor (when I pass out I'll know that my h.r. got to high!) but at least I have th option. see you next week. by the way nice pr! steppin up the game Evil grin
                I used the HM for the first week or so that I had my 305. I found it uncomfortable and I never paid attention to what it was saying during my run. I'm sure I could benefit from using it, but right now it seems like too much work. Plus it is just going to tell me to slow down Wink