Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Ed, Garmin question (Read 193 times)

Ed, Where did you get your Garmin and what's a decent price to pay for a basic model?

upcoming races:

Didn't you get my email reply? My yahoo Sent Items folder says I replied Tuesday at 12:56pm to your aig addy. Looks like the best bet today is Amazon...they have free super saver shipping http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSQJ8C Amazon also has the 305 which includes the heart rate monitor strap, I don't think I would ever bother with it but a lot of people use them at least occasionally. I'm pretty sure the HRM is the only difference between the 205 and 305. This is where I got mine... http://www.thenerds.net/GARMIN_INTERNATIONAL.Garmin_Forerunner_205_Portable_GPS.0100046600.html

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

No, the email never made it to me. It probably thinks you're spam. Thanks for the info.

upcoming races:

Ed, it looks like for basic use, even the 101 model looks good. For my purposes, I would be satisfied with pace, distance and time. I trust it would work just like the more expensvie models. I only want basis usage.

upcoming races:

No, the email never made it to me. It probably thinks you're spam.
            I am nothing more than gelatinous canned luncheon meat? I so sad now. Cry I don't think I've ever seen a Forerunner 101 on anybody's wrist, but that doesn't mean it's not a good basic GPS. I wonder how big it is?

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

It looks bigger than your model, but that's OK, and the product reviews were good. Thanks for the info.

upcoming races:

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Rich, The Garmin GPS watches ending in 1 have a poorer quality GPS chip. You want one that ends in 5. If you don't think you'll ever use the heart rate thingie, go with the 205. I got the 305 but I dont think I will use the HR rate thing that much. Oh well, the flying spaghetti monster left it under my tree. Was I to refuse?