Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Just For Fun! (Read 419 times)

6 more weeks.
      4 more weeks.
      evtish

19:59. Sub 20 would be a good start. I've only been running 10-20 mpw, so I'll have to ramp up the miles to even have a chance at that. It's a good thing that it's a fast course. I noticed last year I was 20-30 seconds slower on all the other 5k courses that I ran. Don't you love the net downhill - all courses should be like that.
          I noticed last year I was 20-30 seconds slower on all the other 5k courses that I ran.
          That's a lot, especially considering the S turn at the Tsongas. I thought you were running close to the same times at Quannapowitt, no?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

10-20 miles per week? did someone get lazy this winter?
            DekRunner

10-20 miles per week? did someone get lazy this winter?
              ....... and I thought I was doing good by ramping up to 10-20 mpw. Thanks a lot RB!!!
              evtish

That's a lot, especially considering the S turn at the Tsongas. I thought you were running close to the same times at Quannapowitt, no?
                It took me 4 races to finally break 20 on that course, and it was 19:5X. That's a pretty flat course too! But you do have to weave around alot of people that walk around the lake, so that seems to add a little bit of distance, which adds enough time to prevent me from breaking 20. This year I'm hoping I can post some impressive BadDawg like times! RB - Spent the winter running on the treadmill one day, then riding a bike to nowhere the next day during the week and doing nothing on the weekends. I'm hurting now that I'm back running outside a bit.

RickyB

you'll be fine!!!!! all I can say is you better not come out the gate and beat me this year. I've been busting my ass all winter!!!!!! I'll be ready. not long now. I don't know what will be better, a brand new miley or a frosty Hookslide beer? Roll eyes
                    I don't know what will be better, a brand new miley or a frosty Hookslide beer? Roll eyes
                    You can always make the miley better by dipping it in a Hookslide then chewing on it. You know, like dip but different.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

purpleprincess

Just don't try Bad Dawg advice with a golden mylie OUCH! Dead