Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Predictions (Read 514 times)

So are you out of commission completely?

Completely, it's killing me to walk more than a couple of feet.  It's been years since I missed a Good Times start, this really sucks and blows at the same time but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

SORRY MAN!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!! Is it all cut up? I hope it doesn't set you back, some rest will be good (on the brighter side) and I know you,you'll be out running a.s.a.p.! Maybe even before! Get well.....

RickyB

Was the mower running?????
          Are you still coming to the race?  Got some beers with your name on it.
          evtish

Completely, it's killing me to walk more than a couple of feet.  It's been years since I missed a Good Times start, this really sucks and blows at the same time but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

This really sucks Ed!!

We need a damage report, grand pooh-bah.  Details, how long you out for? 

I know not the Good Times without EJ.

Was the mower running?????

It was an old school manual push mower, with lots of vintage crud on the shiny sharp blade.  The crud was really the problem, it was jammed into the wound.  When the young doc first looked at it, he said "no problem, I'm gonnna stitch this up nice and tight and you'll be good as new in no time."

Unfortunately, when he got a better look he found all that crud jammed into my foot.  He irrigated, he picked, he scrubbed HARD and irrigated some more but to no avail.  He opted to stitch the side of the cut, cutting away a lot of the skin and leaving it open because of the likelihood of infection.

I was hoping to at least walk the course tonight, but even that's not going to happen.  With any luck, I can run it easy next week.

In the meantime, I'm planning to compete for the Lanteigne Cup which is symbolic of championship caliber drinking and socializing without running.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

It was an old school manual push mower,

LMAO. That's just way to hardcore!

I can picture you running behind that thing and it jamming up and tossing you ass over teakettle 

Include a picture of it, Ricky and Trent aren't old enought to know that lawn mowers without motors exist.

I can picture you running behind that thing and it jamming up and tossing you ass over teakettle 

Include a picture of it, Ricky and Trent aren't old enought to know that lawn mowers without motors exist.

Too bad it doesn't come with training wheels as an option, here's a pic of the vicious beast.

E.J.

In the meantime, I'm planning to compete for the Lanteigne Cup which is symbolic of championship caliber drinking and socializing without running.

Festus has had the title for too long. 

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I've been running but hiding from everyone.  People are scary.  That and I'm too ashamed of my post 30:00 times and not enough eye candy to motivate me to spend the $10.

Hey-- this was slow??

8 EJ HRYNOWSKI        M    46 ARLINGTON MA      3/41   18:28.5 PR  5:57  866   866

What would your time have been without the foot stitches?

RickyB

Well that faster than ED stuff was long lived? WTF! I'll be back

What would your time have been without the foot stitches?

We will never know.  I just know that as long as my foot was hurting, I wanted to make it count for something.  I was running right behind Bill Adamson, and decided to stay on his shoulder.  I put a target on his back and I was staring at it all the way to the finish line and it really helped.

WTF! I'll be back

I have no doubt.  You should ask your dad for some tips.

E.J.

RickyB