Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Baystate Marathon (Read 578 times)

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

This yrs baystate was a cold one for sure. I think I have finally warmed up. Took me a day.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Yes he did! Congrats to Fil!

He's been working his butt off to get to this point. He must have felt like he was running down hill at Baystate after training around his neighborhood in Hudson, NH. I had never seen so many steep hills within a 5 mile radius as I did when Fil took me out on one of his Hudson training runs.

Typical runner, glutton for punishment.  

Check out Fil's result, unless I am greatly mistaken our friend punched a ticket to Hopkinton in his marathon debut! (Why the hell don't they have the designation for BQ on the results?  All the qualifier races put an asterisk or pound sign next to qualifying times)

329 74/317 M4049 1:10:55 7:10 2:29:05 7:28 3:24:48 7:49 3:24:59 Fil Faria 45 M 957 Hudson NH 

Yes he did! Congrats to Fil!

He's been working his butt off to get to this point. He must have felt like he was running down hill at Baystate after training around his neighborhood in Hudson, NH. I had never seen so many steep hills within a 5 mile radius as I did when Fil took me out on one of his Hudson training runs.

I think I have to move now...

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Good work, Trent. It was nice chatting for a few of those miles to help tick them off. In all a great run today despite the $#!++y weather. Damn were my hands cold at the finish.

It was also cool to see all the other good timesers in the crowd. Including EJ and George along the route. Thanks for volunteering.

Six months till April.......

CJ

Ya it was good talking to you too.  I thought you were going to catch up with me on the bridge.