Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Hey EJ (Read 173 times)

RickyB

Nice run this week bud! looks like your getting your legs back.  oh yeah, Tom good run for you on Sunday!
      Thanks Ricky.  It was a nice night for a good run, legs are feeling much better and I've been able to get back on my hills.  Third week in a row I've run the half marathon distance at least once.  I have a pipe dream to get under 18:00 by the end of the summer series.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

Thats what I'm shooting for! sounds crazy huh? My goal was to break 19 (done) then it was to break 6 min per mile (done) so that leaves breaking 18! Thats going to be tough and painful. Keep up the miles and the hills, I thinks thats the key
          ...that leaves breaking 18! Thats going to be tough and painful.

Yes it is.  I've only taken 14 seconds off from last year's best, so lopping off another 36 is probably pretty unrealistic but you gotta have something to shoot for.  A target to shoot for, ya know?  Like the one on your back. 

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

It's on!! 
              I like this one a lot, and it applies pretty well here.

"The question should be, is it worth trying to do, not can it be done." Allard Lowenstein

Git 'er done, or die tryin'.    Smile

E.J.