Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Wed night 5k? Anyone interested? (Read 196 times)

evtish

I'm going to head over to Wakefield tonight to run the weely 5k around Lake Q. Check in is at the Lord Wakefield hotel. It's organized by the Mystic Runners. They ask for a $2 donation. It's a pretty flat, safe area to run around considering it's gettting dark at 7:00. Race starts at 6:45. I ran it last week and they had water and some food at the finish line. Would be nice to see some familiar faces. There's also a weekly 5k in Danvers at Cody's Brewing Company on Wed that starts at 7:00, but that's alot of Rte 128 traffice for me to fight. Jaybar runs in this one sometimes.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

hey Tom, are you heading over to the wakefield 5k this week? I'm thinking I might hit up a few of these weekly's this week and that is one of the closer ones.
      evtish

Hi Dennis. Yes, I'll be there this week. I've been running the race the last two weeks and then doing acooldown lap around the Lake, so getting in over 6 miles for the night. Great! Come on down. We can run the race and cooldown lap and then head in for a beer or two afterward.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Ok that sounds perfect Tom. I will meet you there. My # is 978-337-8076 if u need to reach me. Ill see you there. I am looking forward to it.
          evtish

Dennis, What happened?
              Tom, what happened?

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Dennis was a NO SHOW.
                  What a punk.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I lost track of time and then I got in my car when I was actually ready (slowpoke when getting ready) and then I realized I needed gas. I would have showed up about5 minutes after the gun went off. I was so mad. Trent's right. I'm a punk.