Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Cancelled - Irish Feet are Running (was Sunday March 22nd) (Read 280 times)

Presented by Greater Lowell Road Runners, registration is $20.00 before 3/15 and $25.00 after. The information on the site is a mashup between the 2007 and 2009 races (it wasn't run in '08 ) with the wrong date and wrong location. The correct information is the start at the Lowell Brewery Exchange, 201 Cabot St Lowell (same place as BayState awards) Sunday March 22nd at 1:00pm Mail-in form also has the wrong date, hopefully GLRR gets it corrected soon.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I sent the club an email about the errors earlier today. This sounds like a good one.

upcoming races:

Sounds good to me.
          I can't say the two are definitely related, but after Trent expressed interest the race info was pulled from the site. Cry Checked with Glenn, it won't be running this year.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thats what happens when I actually get excited for a race.
              Here's the email I got from Glenn, president of GLRR Hi Rich, Turns out, like I frequently do – I over-committed myself taking on this race. I’m not able to make the event it should be and that you and the other runner deserve. My apologies for any connivance this may cause. glenn

upcoming races:

Here's the email I got from Glenn, president of GLRR Hi Rich, Turns out, like I frequently do – I over-committed myself taking on this race. I’m not able to make the event it should be and that you and the other runner deserve. My apologies for any connivance this may cause. glenn
                Yeah, sadly it falls into the "no good deed goes unpunished" category. There has to be a massive amount of preparation to pull off a one-time race, with coordination of volunteers, police, Tshirts, numbers, timing etc. I know it would be a HUGE challenge for me, I'm not always the most organized individual. It was nice of Glenn to email you. And I particularly like connivance, it's much better than inconvenience (or incontinence).

E.J.