Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Ed & Tom..what do you think of the Saucony Kinvara? (Read 569 times)

Yes I stalked your logs

I've been researching them and tried a pair on (wrong size so didn't buy them).

My only concern is durability. I've read a decent amount of complaints that the soles are getting torn up pretty quickly. Other than that people seem to love them.

They sound like I'd like them a lot, but not sure I want to drop $90 (ok more like $65 with discount) on kicks that may only last 100-150 miles.

RickyB

I just got them last week and Love them! They make me run on my toes. It feels like i'm running with a slightly different stride, so it makes my legs a little sore. Not hurt sore, different exercise sore! as for the durabillity????

I was having an issue with my left knee, so I reluctantly decided to ditch my New Balance 1062/1063 trainers a while ago and switched to flats (Asics Hyperspeed and Nike Zoom Marathoner).  I've been running in racing shoes for a while now, and it does change your landing when you're running at a decent clip.  Works your calves harder, so when I tried the Kinvara I didn't feel the difference much.

I'm going to continue wearing the Asics and Nike, but there's not quite enough cushion for runs beyond two hours which is why I picked up the Kinvara.  They may not be incredibly durable, but even if they are only good for about 200 miles that will cover the long runs for a marathon training cycle for me.

There is some New Saucony Kinvara feedback in the Gears and Wears forum.  With a minor irritation for the little toe on my right foot, the jury is out on whether or not I will repurchase.  If I do, it's quite possible I would wear the Kinvara for the marathon.

List is $90.00 USD.  Or you could get a really good deal and support runblogger.com while you're at it (I think he logs on RA but if he does I can't for the life of me remember his RA name...)

Go to runblogger.com and click on the 10% off at runningwarehouse.com link in the upper right

$74.96 - $7.50 = sweet deal on nice shoes @ $67.46 (if you use the free 2 day shipping)  Some sizes are currently out of stock, but due in soon.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ed you don't have to sell me on runningwarehouse..I buy from them all the time, but I prefer team code CP20 which gives you a 15% discount
            Ed you don't have to sell me on runningwarehouse..I buy from them all the time, but I prefer team code CP20 which gives you a 15% discount

Nice.  Any idea what team that is?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

it's a "coporate perks" code..it used to be 20% but they knocked it down to 15%....they also offer a 15% discount to those who are fans of their facebook page...code is fb15

I'm pretty sure there is a code for members of active.com and I think it's 20%. Can't confirm as I am not a member

evtish

I really like them.  They are very light, but do have decent cushioning and the sole looks like it's pretty durable.  I think they are very comfortable, but the Saucony does have kind of a wider toe box than other shoes.  This doesn't bother me at all, but it might to some people.  I would wear these on all runs up to 10 miles where I want to keep a decent easy pace.  If I did a long run of 10+ miles, I would probably use heavier shoes with more cushioning since I'd be on my feet longer.

Thumbs up!!!!!

So are you guys still liking these now that you got some decent mileage on them? Are they lasting or is the sole starting to fall apart? I'm looking at picking a pair up soon. Hoping to get at least 350 miles out of them. What do you think?

Love 'em, especially since they are now available in Greater Lowell green.  Love the weight (or lack thereof) and the soles on my first pair seem to be holding up pretty well so far.  Not dirt cheap, but not pricey either.  Very nice shoe in my opinion, and at the moment they're looking like a decent value for your running dollar.

I'll be wearing my second pair for Hartford in a couple of weeks (knock wood), I'll let you know how that works out.

E.J.

RickyB

This will be the only shoe I run in from now on.

evtish

Actually wore them for a 14 miler on Sunday, no problem.  I'm going to use them for the 1/2.  The sole is durable, holding up really good.  I'll get 1000+ miles out of them.  I would definately get another pair.

I must need to drop some weight. I'm lucky if I can get 500 out of any pair.

.  I'll get 1000+ miles out of them. 

This will be the only shoe I run in from now on.

The Kinvara is definitely a favorite, but my kids bought me a pair of Nike Free for Father's Day and I really like them too.  I've seen a fair number of posts saying that the Free really helped with plantar fasciitis, so it might be worth a try.

E.J.

Socref91

Awesome!!! Super lite!!! I'm up to 150miles so far.... longest run 13 miles...

No CODE for ACTIVE menbers, automatically discounts 20% at checkout... these kicks would be 61.20...

I bought mine at Olympia Sports, buy one get 2nd at 1/2off...

RickyB

I can't get 500 miles out of any pair of shoes????? 350-400 seems to be the limit for me.....I wish that i could get a 1000 miles out of my shoes!I tried on the Nike's, They felt like they had a bump under the front of my foot?