Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Oh Toto, I don't think we're in Lowell anymore...Yankee Homecoming pics (Read 404 times)

The Mill City was well represented at Yankee Homecoming. All photos by Jim Rhoades of Coolrunning Jim St P and Titus at the start Ben forgot to put shorts on Titus Kara Mark BadDawg Ken El Presidente Glen Angel Richard the younger Chris Richard the elder Jonathan BostonRnr BostonRnr II George George II Mark Jonathan Icky and the Black Widow Icky and the Black Widow II Dennis Maureen Dan Jim finishing Glen finishing

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

wow, many characters were there! I would like a redo. I bought a pair of shorts a month ago size Large, and they dont fit me anymore when I'm running. They were falling down the whole night. Wardrobe malfunction. I spent a lot of time walking becuase I didnt feel like holding my shorts up the whole time. I only finished 3 seconds short of my ten mile PR. 3 fucking seconds!!!! Oh well, I have two more ten milers this year to do. The 10 Mile Moose on the Loose run, and the 10 mile Sunday after Thanksgiving (cost 10 can goods for homeless) to beat it. Who wants to go running store shopping?
        I bought a pair of shorts a month ago size Large, and they dont fit me anymore when I'm running. They were falling down the whole night.
        Well that must have been rather annoying. Don't the shorts have a drawstring?
        I only finished 3 seconds short of my ten mile PR. 3 fucking goshdarned seconds!!!!
        Well if you don't get it on the trail, you could always put your large shorts to use after eating too much turkey.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Ed, was it really necessary to censor my cuss words? It's bad enough the FCC is trying to tell us what we can and cannot say in the media. As Gerard has once told me, there's no daintiness in running. The shorts do have drawstrings. I pulled them and tied them as tight as they could go. It wasn't good enough. So now I must find a pair of medium shorts. You weigh only 150 lbs? Holy moses. Why aren't you a plus age model for a clothing company or something? There is no question I will beat my PR on the trail. I am sure of it as long as I have proper fitting shorts and dont have to hold them up. It would be so much easier. I flew through the first few miles on Tuesday. If I can help it, I will stay a medium size pair of shorts. If I run the distances I want to be running, I wont have a problem. My problem is actually going out and doing them. Help! I do like the new slimmer trimmer me. I'm not sure if chicks dig the beard though. Side note: Noone has told me that they like the beard so I'm guessing I look better without it. Can anyone give me an eye for the clueless str8 guy?
            Sorry brother, can't help you with straight eye for the straight guy. I'm neither the picture of sartorial perfection nor a chick magnet. I can however give you a piece of advice that would have prevented your wardrobe malfunction issue: NOTHING new on race day. Not a new gel, not new shorts, and God forbid not new shoes. Nothing new. Break that cardinal rule at your own peril.

E.J.

Nothing new. Break that cardinal rule at your own peril.
              Oh how I've learned.
                Hey Ed- nice collage clip. I only found this site after Tom told me about it last night...... CJ (aka Chris J)
                  Hey Ed- nice collage clip. I only found this site after Tom told me about it last night...... CJ (aka Chris J)
                  Welcome Chris! (We need to do something about that Tom guy, I bet he taught Chris the secret GT5K handshake too...)

E.J.

evtish

Yeah, that's why he didn't invite us to his house for beers after the race. Big grin