Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

An Ras Mor 5K - Sunday 3/22 in Cambridge (Read 205 times)

If you're not sick of races hosted by Irish pubs (and why on earth would you be?), An Ras Mor runs this Sunday morning out of the Asgard pub in Kendall Square Cambridge. I haven't run it before, but it sounds like fun. Still not sure how you pull off a 5K on Mass Ave, but it is Sunday morning so maybe it can be done. I am registered, so I'll report on it if I don't get run over.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hi Ed! I ran that last year, it loops around the block the starting bar is on and then shoots right down Mass ave to Bow street and back. A decent sized race but the cops did a good job with traffic even though you share the road with the cars (it being Cambridge, there is a bike lane against the side walk). A bonus is the cool T-shirt. Mebbe I'll see you there. I haven't run in a couple months, but its time to start getting ready for April 7th.
        I like playing in traffic, adds an element of excitement. If you remember what I look like, be sure to say hello. Clowning around

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

All photos by Ted Tyler of Coolrunning (as always, LOTS more at http://www.jimrhoades.com/ )

E.J.

E.J.