Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Nice night for a run! (Read 215 times)

RickyB

Don't you all love to run races in the rain and through puddles? Trent 5 Days this week, right? Ej you should just run 1 day. maybe a nice 20 miler on Monday ...... sound good? See you tuesday.
      Nice race Ricky!! glad the leg seems to be holding up..good luck next week at Yankee

It is very nice to see Ricky's leg holding up, and he said it didn't hold him back at all last night.  Which makes the ass-kicking his dad gave him all the more impressive.  Seventh place in the team competition ain't bad, but look at dad's age graded score compared to Junior's.  (Don't feel too bad Ricky, he beat me pretty handily too ).

7. 146.90 BROWN & BROWN 
        ============================================ 
        1 77.44 RICHARD BROWN 
        2 69.39 RICK BROWN 

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

Thanks, it was the best I've run in a while! Not my best time but I can say for the 1st time since the spring I ran as well as I could for that day. I had nothing left in the tank when I finished last night. As crazy as it sounds it felt good last night even though I felt sick most of the night after, but I didn't slow down because I thought that I wouldn't be able to finish. I slowed down because I couldn't breath and my legs wouldn't go any faster! THat age graded stuff is crap!!!!!!!!!! The formula is flawed, If it were right there would be absolutely Zero chance of someone in my age group of winning. I would have to run about a 10 min 5k to beat Titus. I guess I'll have to really cut some of those corners to do that. (I didn't cut corners to beat you last night EJ)
            Trent 5 Days this week, right? 

I'll have it by the end of the day.

I'll have it by the end of the day.

Nicely done.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.