Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Jay and Tom drink many beers at the Girabaldi club!!!!! (Read 261 times)

evtish

Oh, there was a 5 mile race too. Saw Jay there today. We ended up running together for the race at a nice 6:40-6:45 pace. Garmin is good! Nice BBQ spread afterward with Bud and Bud Light kegs. Nice! So, for $18 prerace at Active, I had $10 worth of food, $20 of beer, race T-shirt, award mug bc I stayed so late my brother is law (club member) picked up some of the leftovers when he saw some girl scoffing them. Plus my wife and kids ate lunch at the BBQ. My nephew Mike, 19 yo, ran it too. Kept with us for the first mile and got 3rd in AG, pretty good for minimal training. Best race value of the year!!! It's all about the beer...don't forget that!!!! Big grin Big grin Saw Labrode, Christie, Kerri, Sue D. Good to see you Jay. See you guys on Tues. Enjoy the Holiday and remember to think about the people who gave their lives protecting our freedoms in the best country in the world! Tom
      Rich Kenney said it's one of the best races of the year, beerwise. Of course he said the same thing about the April Fool's race in Salisbury and I only got one beer at that one. I would have run it for sure, but I was in Lancaster at my son's soccer tourney. They wound up winless, so the lack of beer for me hurts even more. Cry

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Absolutely a great value for the money, plus a flat and fast course. A PR for me. But what Tom didn't mention is that, yeah, we ran together for a way, but he turned it up over the last half mile to beat me by a lot.
          But what Tom didn't mention is that, yeah, we ran together for a way, but he turned it up over the last half mile to beat me by a lot.
          Well that's unlike The Stalker, how could he forget to mention that? Now I get to look forward to the two of you kicking my ass. This just keeps getting better and better. Clowning around

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Rich Kenney said it's one of the best races of the year, beerwise. Of course he said the same thing about the April Fool's race in Salisbury and I only got one beer at that one. I would have run it for sure, but I was in Lancaster at my son's soccer tourney. They wound up winless, so the lack of beer for me hurts even more. Cry
            It is defintely a great time, although I ran a pitiful race yesterday. This was no doubt due to the 6 cigars, dozen beers, and day of yardwork that was my Saturday. Nonetheless, my running club, Greater Derry Track Club, was once again the winner of the LTL award (Last To Leave). When the free beer ran out, this was of no concern to us, as each member had a stocked cooler in our various cars that we simply brought out to the lawn area to continue the debauchery.

upcoming races:

evtish

Good times at that one! A must run, walk or whatever from now on. See you guys tonight! Maybe we'll be dodging lightning bolts?? If so, I suggest running the bridges really fast. Clowning around
                Nonetheless, my running club, Greater Derry Track Club, was once again the winner of the LTL award (Last To Leave). When the free beer ran out, this was of no concern to us, as each member had a stocked cooler in our various cars that we simply brought out to the lawn area to continue the debauchery.
                I so proud!!! You ever gonna run with us peeps that don't belong to a track club?

E.J.

I so proud!!! You ever gonna run with us peeps that don't belong to a track club?
                  Soon. Very, very soon.

upcoming races: