Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Thanksgiving Day Races (Read 403 times)

Well, what is everyone doing? What are some good races? I know I want to race but I don't know what or where yet.
    BostonRnr

I'm running the Gobble Gobble Gobble 4 Miler in Somerville: http://www.srr.org/events/annual_events/gobble/ I haven't run this one in a few years. From what I can remember, the highlights are beer and cool t-shirts.
        i'm running the Turkey Trot in Derry, NH. It's our track club event. Closer to you, the Thanks4giving race in Lowell is nice and flat, and draws about 300. Kathy says to stay away from the Feaster Five race in Andover, unless you want to run with a few thousand people and dodge walkers pushing baby carriages.

upcoming races:

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Trent: I am doing the Thanks 4 giving in Lowell, MA. They added a 5 miler this year so you can choose between 5K and 5 miles. Plus you get a pie included with registration. It's store bought but still, it's pie! http://www.thanks4giving.org/ Feaster Five is more expensive and is also a mob fest. If you're looking to PR, you wont because you will be stuck between so many runners and may take you forever to get to the start.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

It also will take you forever to leave the parking lot.
              Not sure where I'll be on Thanksgiving, but hopefully I'll be able to run somewhere. Probably Thanks-4-Giving in Lowell or Keene, NH.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

There are lots of great races T-giving weekend. I like the Turkey Trot here in Newburyport- its a 5K cross country in the state park. On Sunday of that weekend, there is a 5K in Dennis (Andrea Holden) that draws a good crowd but very PRable. And this weekend, there is the Larry Robinson 10 Miler! CJ
                  And this weekend, there is the Larry Robinson 10 Miler! CJ
                  I really like this race, but I'm on the bench and will have to miss it. Cry

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I plan on running the Thanks4giving 5 miler.
                      Looks like I'll be in Keene, NH once again so I'll have to wish everyone a happy turkey day from afar.

E.J.

Looks like I'll be in Keene, NH once again so I'll have to wish everyone a happy turkey day from afar.
                        But then again...things are always subject to change. Looks like Thanksgiving is relocating from Keene NH to Tyngsborough, so I'll probably wind up at the Lowell Elks. Just have to decide between the 5K and 5 miler. And I'm not crazy about the 8am start, it's too early in general, and it's too early for the Elks to open the bar. Looks like we'll have to tailgate. Evil grin

E.J.

It's a nice flat course (the same as the Lung Cancer race), and you will get a frozen apple pie for your troubles.

upcoming races:

I don't think its ever too early for the Elks to open its bar. Clowning around
                              Trust me. The bar will NOT be open. Cry

upcoming races: