Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

New Bedford Half Marathon - Sunday March 15th at 11:00am (Read 442 times)

The New Bedford Half Marathon is hosted by The Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick two days before Saint Padraig's Day, so if you don't run it you'll be pissing Saint Padraig off. You don't want to piss Saint Padraig off, he still has those snakes he drove out of Ireland and he's not afraid to use them. I should be able to beat my PR, this one is usually cold and windy but not nearly as hilly as Applefest. Unfortunately, I'll have to run another half when I get home, I have 26 on the schedule for that day.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

This was the first race I ever ran. I wanted to run it last year but I wasn't ready. Put me down for a maybe. Although, with Irish Feet canceled I might end up running this.
      lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Ed I will be there. And wait for me and mel and I will treat you to a nice dinner a friends place. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Ed I will be there. And wait for me and mel and I will treat you to a nice dinner a friends place. Doug.
          Very tempting, I'll have to balance your most generous offer against the need to do a second lap. Maybe a light luncheon, digest on the ride home, and then go out for another 13...

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Count me out on this. I won't be ready. I never run a race unless I'm prepared.
              Count me out on this. I won't be ready. I never run a race unless I'm prepared.
              If I make a second 13, I'll run it in honor of your uncompromising standards.

E.J.

Haha
                evtish

Good luck this Sunday. Should be an easy PR for you by a wicked lot.
                    Thanks Tom! I think I'm going to do a five or six mile warmup, and I've got to save something for five or six after. I still think I can do it, my current PR is really soft. Forecast for Sunday is looking good too, got my fingers crossed that they are right.

E.J.

purpleprincess

Here's hoping the forecast is right Cool If you can't stay for lunch after the race, maybe I can talk you into a beer while we wait for Doug? I'll make sure to bring your Wild Rover hat - I also picked up an application for the Dick & Rick Hoyt 5k for you
                        Have fun tomorrow. Good luck Ed and Doug.
                          If you can't stay for lunch after the race, maybe I can talk you into a beer while we wait for Doug?
                          Doug will probably be finished before me, assuming my legs are still functioning I'm probably going to keep running for about another six or seven miles. If you can wait a bit, or give the address of the restaurant I can meet you guys there.

E.J.

DekRunner

Hey Dawg - Great time!!! Must be a PR for you. I can barely keep that pace for a 5K right now. Congrats.
                              Great time!!! Must be a PR for you.
                              Thanks! Yeah, my previous PR was a couple of years old and set on the very hilly Applefest course in Hollis NH. At that point, the half was my longest race so I didn't have the benefit of training for a full marathon. I was pretty confident I would get a PR, I wound up crushing it by about 17 minutes. I did wind up running a six mile warmup, and seven after so I was able to hit my training goal of 26 for the day. That had me out in the midday sun for a while, sunscreen would have been a good idea. New Bedford was a very well run race, I would recommend running it. Since the conditions could be pretty nasty in mid March, you just have to hope the weather gods smile upon you.

E.J.

evtish

Ed, That qualifies as a wicked lot - Nice race.