Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

New Year's Day - Wicked Frosty 4 in Salem (Read 316 times)

I was going to run the Shamrock Running Club Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler in Woburn, but I've changed my plans and I'll be heading for Salem to run the Wicked Frosty 4. Dropped the app in the mail this morning. I've done Woburn, but I've never actually visited Salem. http://wickedrunningclub.com/the-frosty-4 If I'm feeling good and time allows, I might even head back down 128 and run in Woburn for my first double header. I like the sound of the post race potluck. Smile

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I might do this too. The wicked running club is all over D5K which I have been running off and on since June (presently on). Plus (and I don't know if we have any women in this forum), the girls/women runners on the north shore are pretty cute overall.
        Hangover Classic in Salisbury for me. It's part of the LOCO series, and I want the windbreaker at the end of the series.

upcoming races:

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Rich I will see you there. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Will be a game day decision for me. As of now I would say that I'm doubtful.
              Will be a game day decision for me. As of now I would say that I'm doubtful.
              Doubtful on such a lovely day? Wicked Frosty sounds like the right name for it, supposed to have a wicked windchill. Joy. Smile

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Doubtful on such a lovely day? Wicked Frosty sounds like the right name for it, supposed to have a wicked windchill. Joy. Smile
                It was practically tropical running along the ocean. Not. The footing was really sloppy at some points, and at one point the wind was so strong I swear my feet were moving and I wasn't going anywhere. It was great. Honestly, I had a blast. The after race was beerless but good. Choice of soups and chili, Chik-Fil-A sammiches, muffins and breakfast rolls, coffee and hot cider. I was fifth in the age group with 28:28, right behind 3rd and 4th. I would have picked up an AG medal for 3rd if only I had sucked it up and run 28:24, damnit. Really nice long sleeve tech shirt too, not bad for $18. I'll probably do it again next year, and if conditions are a little better maybe even pull off the Salem/Woburn doubleheader.

E.J.

Anyone know why coolrunning mass race results hasn't updated any race since 12/31?
                    Anyone know why coolrunning mass race results hasn't updated any race since 12/31?
                    I always just click on the "Most Recent Race Results" link on the coolrunning homepage, but it looks like the MA results is OK for me? Maybe if you clear your browser cache by deleting the contents of Temporary Internet Files?

E.J.