Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Paging Baddawg (Read 258 times)

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

What are your plans this weekend? If not busy maybe we could run together. Hills out your way or you could show me a track work out. Either way trying to keep up with you will push me. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

It tends to be pretty hard for me to plan weekend stuff as a rule, my ex likes to keep me guessing on dropoff/pickup for the kid(s). Saturday's always an off day for me, this Sunday is scheduled for a mind numbingly boring 16 miler. What kind of distance did you have in mind? My son's soccer commitments are done until the last half of August, so most of my Sunday long runs will be early before the temp climbs too much. I'm not looking for any hills this weekend because of the distance, so I'll probably head down Mass Ave (which is pretty flat), cross the Charles into Back Bay then turn around and head for home. If you wanted to join for a shorter segment, the Minuteman bikepath is nearby for an out-and-back run with a very limited number of street crossings.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

No kids this weekend, it would have been nice to know that in advance. Sigh. I'll be hitting the road early tomorrow, but not to avoid high temps and sun. The forecast on weather.com has thunderstorms after 8am. I hope to be out the door shortly after 6am, then hope the storms stay away or arrive late.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Thanks but I will not be up at 6am. Hope to hit the roads myself later in the day. Maybe we could get togther on tuesday. Just because there is no offical race why not run the course any way?

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

That's a definite maybe. Big grin

E.J.

Well that wasn't a whole lot of fun. Nothing like 87% humidity to turn a long run into a slog, I guess I should be thankful it was overcast.

E.J.

That's a definite maybe. Big grin
                If your going to run the same course we could also have the same beer afterward.
                lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Hey I got hail and rain at the end of my run tonight. Well actually the skys opened up. Thursday night it was refreshing when it misted tonight it hurt with the pelting. Good thing I only had 3 ths of a mile left when it started. Ed and trent let me know if you want to get togtheron tuesday and run the course on our own. Since next week is backwards maybe we could try that. Then beer and Pizza. Doug.

I'm game, but I'll probably get there early to do a couple of laps first. What time are you guys gonna show up?

E.J.

I'd be in for another lap or two. I'll show up whenever.
                      lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Define laps? You mean run the course twice or do you mean your warm up up and back that you do each week. Earlyist I can get there is 6:30 ish.

I assume he meant run the course a couple of times.
                            I assume he meant run the course a couple of times.
                            He is wise for one so young. 6:30ish sounds good, see you at the bank lot. No worries on the ish part, whenever you can make it is fine by me.

E.J.

I'll meet you at the bank lot at 6:30ish.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I wasn't invited? Gee thanks Doug. You hurt my feelings. Sad I ran 16 miles Sunday as well.I went on the treadmill until 2pm when the gym closed and then I ran outside. It started raining. I heard thunder once and when I did I started sprinting but after that there was no more thunder. When I got close to my car, it stopped raining. Go figure! I am looking at my times for this month and I ran almost the same exact amount of time but like 4 less miles. I can''t blame this on the weather because I have been running on the treadmill if its too rainy or muggy out. Maybe its because it's my second consecutive 100 mile + month so maybe my body isn't used to it? Anyone want to analyze my training log? Did you guys run the course? I went home and napped. I needed a rest.