Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Team Hoyt 5k - Thursday May 21st (Read 784 times)

Ran the Team Hoyt 5K in Waltham last year and had a great time. Bit of an early start for a weeknight, but worth it if you can get there. I had them email an application form to me, for some reason they don't have it on the site this year. I put it on Google docs, if the link doesn't work, let me know. Team Hoyt 5K entry form

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'd like to run it but money is becoming tight. I might show up for the beers though.
        I'd like to run it but money is becoming tight. I might show up for the beers though.
        If you can make it, I'll pay for your registration. Owe you a graduation gift, right?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Sounds good to me. I'll make sure I leave early this time.
            I have an entry form in the Jeep, don't let me forget it tomorrow night.

E.J.

I have an entry form in the Jeep, don't let me forget it tomorrow night.
              You let me forget (again). Sent in the application anyway, do try to be on time this year. Smile

E.J.

Ya that 6:30 start is kinda early isn't it? Wink I'll be on time this year.
                  Do you have some good directions? I couldn't find any on the site.
                    Do you have some good directions? I couldn't find any on the site.
                    215 Waverley Oaks Rd Waltham, MA 02452 1. Head west on Harvard Ave toward MA-38/Main St 243 ft 2. Turn left at MA-38/Main St 2.9 mi 3. Slight right at Old Main St 0.2 mi 4. Slight right at MA-38/Main St 1.6 mi 5. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto the I-95/MA-128 ramp to Providence Ri/Waltham 0.2 mi 6. Merge onto I-95 S/MA-128 S 8.8 mi 7. Take exit 28 for Trapelo Rd toward Belmont 0.1 mi 8. Turn left at Trapelo Rd 3.7 mi 9. Turn right at MA-60/Waverley Oaks Rd

E.J.

purpleprincess

Have fun tonight guys- don't forget to drink plenty of fluids after Evil grin
                        Have fun tonight guys- don't forget to drink plenty of fluids after Evil grin
                        I doubt we will forget. If the forecast is right, it will be plenty of fluids before, during and after. Ick.

E.J.

purpleprincess

Here's hoping the forcast is wrong Smile
                            It was a little warm, but thankfully the humidity wasn't all that bad last night. I got a pair of Asics shorts as my door prize, they're worth more than the $18.00 entry fee. And it was the first time I've been announced as the first female finisher, so that was good. Another great night courtesy of the Hoyt Foundation. All photos by Ted Tyler of Coolrunning (as always, LOTS more at http://www.jimrhoades.com/ ) Trent going out hot, I'll be along in a bit...

World's strongest dad.

One seriously unattractive women's winner.
                            If you're in three finish pictures, you need to kick harder. : )

Doug was stuck in traffic, started eight minutes after the gun and still finished ahead of last year's time. Awesome.

E.J.

I didn't even see the cameraman.
                              lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Trent neither did I.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."