Toronto and Beyond

Frozen water bottles. (Read 159 times)

My son did 25k a couple of days ago, came back with his water and electrolyte drink all frozen, complete block of ice!

Eyelashes frozen too, damn winter.

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I'm getting sick of it too!  Although the lack of precipitation has allowed me to continue to run.  But I hate these frigid temperatures.

What is he training for?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Winter totally blows.   I'm going to Mexico...........

..........on January 23.

Yes!

On the super cold days I keep my water inside my wind breaker.  I've never had it freeze into a solid block.  I use one of those Running Room bottle holder belts that sits in the small of my back..

Ruth, he and a friend are planning to run 100kms to raise money to benefit Zimbabwe.

He has done the Toronto marathon three times, and in the longerr term wants to run Comrades in South Africa next year.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Funny. This has never happened to me - and I've run in temperatures lower than -30C with windchills factored in.

Agree with Jason's suggestion that he wear his water belt inside his jacket, with the back of his jacket hanging over the bottle. Should do the trick.

Tell him good luck with 100k event.

Go Pre!

I don't get it. It hasn't beencold yet. Last 3 out of 5 runs have been in shorts. No joke.

When it actually does get cold, I keepo water belt inside jacket. No troubles.