Toronto and Beyond

orthotics (Read 147 times)

redleaf

I know there is some discussion on the main board about whether they are helpful or not but I thought I'd ask here if anyone had any positive experiences with a particular place in getting them.

My right foot is acting a bit wonky - my feet are slightly different the left is flat and the right has an arch so I find that the orthotics help but I've never been sure that they're the right ones for me if you know what I mean. When I went to the RMT yesterday he commented that it would have been better had I gotten a digital assessment and all the better if my gait was assessed too. As opposed to my chiropodist who essentially had me stand in the styrofoam.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense to someone. Let me know if you know of a place that does this sort of thing!

Thanks

lisa

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I go to a pedorthist who operates out of my sports doctor's office, Michael Clarfield.  The pedorthist, Peter Charbonneau fitted me with orthotics in 2007 after I had a stress fracture and was having a lot of issues.  He corrected my pronation and a neuroma (that's where there is a small space for the nerves in the foot to run through and with running effort, the nerve gets squished resulting in pain then numbness) and I've been pretty happy since.

He is a runner too and I have been back many times for checks and advice on new shoes, etc and he has never charged me a dime since the initial assessment, fitting and supply of orthotics  I don't think I have run more than 4 km without my orthotics in my shoes.  I wouldn't buy new shoes unless they were on a list he supplied, that's how happy I am with him.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

I go to a pedorthist who operates out of my sports doctor's office, Michael Clarfield.  The pedorthist, Peter Charbonneau fitted me with orthotics in 2007 after I had a stress fracture and was having a lot of issues.  He corrected my pronation and a neuroma (that's where there is a small space for the nerves in the foot to run through and with running effort, the nerve gets squished resulting in pain then numbness) and I've been pretty happy since.

He is a runner too and I have been back many times for checks and advice on new shoes, etc and he has never charged me a dime since the initial assessment, fitting and supply of orthotics  I don't think I have run more than 4 km without my orthotics in my shoes.  I wouldn't buy new shoes unless they were on a list he supplied, that's how happy I am with him.

cool. I might check him out and see if he'll take another patient. Once I'm back on my feet and all!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362