Toronto and Beyond

Favourite place to buy shoes? (Read 162 times)

redleaf

I want to go get "fitted" for nice good running shoes. Preferably in the city Smile

Please don't say the Running Room - I don't like it at all. I've had some bad experiences there.

Also I'd like a place that isn't going to look at Toby and I and automatically say "you're big, you need cushioning." Unless we actually do. Know what I mean?

Thanks.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I'm partial to The Runner's Shop.  http://www.therunnersshop.com

The web site isn't much... but the staff know what they are doing.

Jason

Go Pre!

I agree with Jason. And also Running Free.

http://www.runningfree.com/content/locations/

Go Pre!

By the way - how is everyone?!

redleaf

Thanks - we'll check out The Runner's Shop this weekend hopefully.

Running Free was nice the couple of times we've been but it's far. We'd have to borrow a car Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Sick,

Slow,

Out of shape,

I've been telling myself that you are running enough miles for both of us so I've laid off the running.

On a serious note... I have once again vowed to get back into running on a regular basis... doing the Toronto Yonge Street 10k in April... and plan to use running as cross training for my cycling.  I'm doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer in June.

Here are some pictures of my daughter...... she is doing much better than her dad.

JimR

I buy em at the cheapest place I can find em, as long as they're sauconys.

Dave, saw your blog mentioned in Canadian Runner...nice job! 

Yes, Dave is quite a celebrity! Very impressed that you put yourself out there. You must be so excited about Boston.  

I am signed up for both Yonge Street races because I have to catch that elusive sub 1 hour time that I missed by 27 seconds because I stopped at the &^*&^)^()_)^$#!!! water stop BECAUSE IT WAS THERE!  I know, I know. Let it go...... 

I've been struggling with injuries and trying to do more cross-training. I would love to do a marathon in the fall even if it is just to cross it off the bucket list. 

I had luck with shoes at Sporting Life but maybe that was a fluke. For years my recommendations came from the pedorthist who works in the Sports Medicine Clinic I seem to frequent too often.....

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I shop at the Running Room, my son used to work there when he was a university student, and I have continued.

RR did a lot to get me into the sport, and I still know a couple of super nice ladies who work at the local store, so got my latest Asics there.

I have basically taken off the last couple of years, with very little running done, but I am entered for the Toronto 10k on May 13th and a local 5k May 27th. and while I am not looking for the sort of times I used to run I hope not to embarass myself too badly!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I shop at the Running Room, my son used to work there when he was a university student, and I have continued.

RR did a lot to get me into the sport, and I still know a couple of super nice ladies who work at the local store, so got my latest Asics there.

I have basically taken off the last couple of years, with very little running done, but I am entered for the Toronto 10k on May 13th and a local 5k May 27th. and while I am not looking for the sort of times I used to run I hope not to embarass myself too badly!

Good luck with your return to run and I hope to see you in May. There are only 17,000 runners...... :-)

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Occupied mostlynwith kids and work. It's been a busy year in both respects. Time to turn some attention to me, running and better fitness generally speaking. If you find yourself in Oakville, I highly recommend The Running Company at the corner of Lakeshore and Navy Sts. Greg and his staff are fantastic, support our local club and races. Otherwise, I buy online at www.efootwear.com. Usually the best prices I can find online and they ship to Canada. I just ordered two pairs of Asics Gel Nimus 12's for 82.99/pair. No taxes. Tough to beat...
                          Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Occupied mostlynwith kids and work. It's been a busy year in both respects. Time to turn some attention to me, running and better fitness generally speaking. If you find yourself in Oakville, I highly recommend The Running Company at the corner of Lakeshore and Navy Sts. Greg and his staff are fantastic, support our local club and races. Otherwise, I buy online at www.efootwear.com. Usually the best prices I can find online and they ship to Canada. I just ordered two pairs of Asics Gel Nimus 12's for 82.99/pair. No taxes. Tough to beat...

I've picked up some shoes at The Running Company when in Oakville.  Good service.  I was honestly shocked when the guy fitting me sent me outside to do a lap of the block to see how they felt.  The place is most definitely run and staffed by runners.

As Jason said...... Fat and out of shapeBig grin

You guys are freakin amazing, 4 years go by and it appears everyone is still motoring. You guys take the term endurance athlete to another level. Congratulations to all. Great work!

Anyway Carolyn (the youngest who is 22 now) has been logging the km's this summer, she's up to 35k a week. She says my past running has motivated her to run a Marathon. She now has me wanting to take another run at it as well. The good thing is I'm still injury free and still walking nonstop 4hrs a day 5 days a week. Tonight I'll see if I can survive a 2km run should be interesting. I'm guessing the legs will be ok but I'll be sucking wind big time. If your out and about tonight and a gust of wind should happen to kickup, you've got a heads up into what is going on.Wink

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Pat!!!!! Welcome back! Midsummer's is coming up soon and they have a 5k now and since you are walking 4 hours, you can sign up for the 15k walk. Then we can all meet up for a ribs and Pilsener reunion! ~Ruth

Go Pre!

As Jason said...... Fat and out of shapeBig grin

You guys are freakin amazing, 4 years go by and it appears everyone is still motoring. You guys take the term endurance athlete to another level. Congratulations to all. Great work!

Anyway Carolyn (the youngest who is 22 now) has been logging the km's this summer, she's up to 35k a week. She says my past running has motivated her to run a Marathon. She now has me wanting to take another run at it as well. The good thing is I'm still injury free and still walking nonstop 4hrs a day 5 days a week. Tonight I'll see if I can survive a 2km run should be interesting. I'm guessing the legs will be ok but I'll be sucking wind big time. If your out and about tonight and a gust of wind should happen to kickup, you've got a heads up into what is going on.Wink

PAT!!!!!!