Grandmas Marathon

Do they give discounts? (Read 273 times)

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

So I keep getting e-mails from Grandma's saying registration is open til June 1st. Will they ever reduce the entry fee? Should I contact the race director? I just might be stupid enough to enter at a lower cost. Seems to me most of the costs are fixed, right? That's why they don't give refunds, even for cancellation due to weather, etc.? Therefore more runners is better for them. Trent, maybe you'd like a pace bunny for at least the first 13.1 in exchange for a reduced entry fee to the Monkey of my choosing? I'm 90% sure I could get you to the halfway point at 1:45 like clockwork. Little faster or slower as needed.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh. I am certain that I can get to 13.1 in 1:45. The question is whether I can cover the next 13.1 in 1:45. Monkey has fixed costs and no profits, so everybody gets a discount Wink

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Heh. I am certain that I can get to 13.1 in 1:45. The question is whether I can cover the next 13.1 in 1:45.
        Not exactly how I meant it Smile I know I could get you to 13.1 in a blissful no thinking 1:45. I most likely could take you to at least 20 at 8 m/m. But eventually I am sure my wheels would fall off. Hence I was only promising 13.1. I think I really just want an excuse for some delicious Brewhouse beer. I'd have to run the race though, I watching my figure you know.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am sure I have run enough to earn us both beers. See you after the race! Big grin

Bugs

No wheels are coming off at Grandmas, but if they do you guys come reign me in back in the 3:50 group.

Bugs