2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Bugs

Nice run Bugs. Any story to tell??

SORRY I'M SLOW

HAD A GREAT TIME!!

Killer tight calves miles 1-26 that caused quite a bit of stress on my achilles, feet, and shins. You can see my shins were taped. Everything started to break down about two weeks before marathon and calves crested day of race. My quads were as strong mile 26 and mile 1, which I credit the hill springing exercises coach has me doing, but that is also what hurt my calves. (I did them wrong) The calves really limited me so I didn't run an impressive time and since I never time my runs I would have liked to know where my fitness is..oh well.

The really fun part was I ran with JellyFish for the first nine miles and then I ran into her at mile 25, and we finished together.

4:08, very even paced. A slow run for both of us but DAM we had fun!

Ended it with an ice bath with three bags of ice.

Not a bad finish for not even running a 20 mile run before it.

MTA: 40F no wind, cloudy skies. Grandma's weather is doomed.

Bugs

Nice run, especially when you weren't feeling well from the beginning.  I'm having some calf issues also.  I think it is from trying to convert from a heel to mid foot stricker.   I've really noticed it the past month, but my legs get better during runs, so I have been pushing on.

How did the kinesio tape work for you?  I'm not having any soleus or achilles issues - mine, I think, is in the deep posterior sheath.  Not sure if the tape would help or not.  

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Bugs

The tape did not help my calves, it provides a little support but doesn't provide any therapy for the injury.   I had graston done on the shins which is very affected. The tape is just a splint and reduces the pounding. I highly recommend graston treatment for your calves. For shin splints the graston and taper was magical.

hope your calves feel better. Some people say roll on a tennis ball. You have to go DEEP to work out those knots.

Bugs