Grandmas Marathon

As Usual (Read 256 times)

Visiting inlaws in Duluth. 50 F, nice north to south breeze.

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Spoke too soon, started to hail soon after my initial post.  I took a picture, but I guess I don't know how to upload it to the site.  

Anyway, this AM was another good day.  60's nice breeze.  Took an 8 mile run up the shore.  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tom

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Upload the pic to www.photobucket.com, then you can get the posting URL and post to here using the tree  icon in the posting toolbar.

TammyinGP

and this means that that is what it will be like on 6/18 right? nice cool, slight breeze. great! that's what I'm used to! Big grin

Tammy

Sure.....

So far, when Trent and I run....(participate is a better word for me) both run Grandmas, the days before and after are ideal, and the day of is 90 and humid.  

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good seeing several of you today, including tmcna, arlahile and dopple bock!  I hope everybody had a good race.

DB, how did it go??  Hope you were able to get the sub 3.

How was your run Trent?  

The crowd was much less than in previous years, but would trade that for the weather.  Think there was a nice tailwind through most of it.  

Last mies were not so bad.  Felt fine walking, and still a little puzzled on why I mentally checked out.  Looking forward to MTC in Oct.  Maybe a monkey marathon in 2013.  

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I actually thought that the crowds were much bigger than I had expected them to be, with a few sound tunnels where I could barely handle all the screams (downtown Duluth, mile 5 and 15, for example). 

I went out with no goals and then everything fell into place.  I ended up with a 3 1/2 minute PR and a 4 minute negative split.  A good day for me.  A very good day! Big grin  After 5 miserable Grandma's, this one was da bomb.

Nice!   

Yeah, the crowd was very supportive, but not as big as in 2009.  Suppose 80 - 90 degree weather is good for the spectators, not so good for the runners.  

Feeling good today.  1-2 mile walk.  A little soreness, but not bad at all.  Have a triathalon July 9th, and plan to swim and bike this week, and if the muscles feel good, start running at the end of the week.  I have 15 weeks until MTC, so plan an easy 3 weeks, and then a 12 week training period.  

Any upcoming runs planned?  

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I woke up this morning with a touch of PF on the left so I ran 2 slow easy miles barefoot and that seemed to break it up. We'll see tomorrow. Next up, I am not sure. Maybe the Blister in the Sun marathon early August and/or Tupelo in early September. I am registered for Marine Corps and Monkey (of course) and may run something else in Oct and Dec. Plus a bunch of 5k and 10 races here and there.
                      DoppleBock

Wind aided

2:55:45

1st 1/2 = 1:28

It should have been a high 2:54, but I could not take it to that pain plateau on Suturday - A little disappointed in that.  Not the 2:55 vs 2:54 - But pat of my marathon enjoyment is the pure sadism of the last 3-4 miles when you take it up to maximum pain.

DB, how did it go??  Hope you were able to get the sub 3.

How was your run Trent?  

The crowd was much less than in previous years, but would trade that for the weather.  Think there was a nice tailwind through most of it.  

Last mies were not so bad.  Felt fine walking, and still a little puzzled on why I mentally checked out.  Looking forward to MTC in Oct.  Maybe a monkey marathon in 2013.  

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Can only imagine how you felt since you have been there so many times before at so many different distances. For me, it is on a much smaller scale, but felt I had a small taste of it . Here's to your next run. Beat yourself up!

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

DoppleBock

I find the last 20% of any race distance pretty painful - Just in different spots and different flavors of pain.  Its all good. 

Can only imagine how you felt since you have been there so many times before at so many different distances. For me, it is on a much smaller scale, but felt I had a small taste of it . Here's to your next run. Beat yourself up!

Next chance for pain - August - Leadville 100M - Although I hope to avoid pain in that race.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !