Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I know what you did (Read 55 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I suspect you hoped I had forgotten about you.

I have not.

I remembered. I know what you did. You decided to run that rinky dink little race this November. You defied all reason and logic. You embraced evil and darkness, and you registered. You joined some brotherhood of madness.

Well your time will come. Good versus evil. Monkeys versus you. Monkeyville on November 24, 2013. Starting at 8am sharp. Be there. Strong and ready for battle.

Here is some info, enough to get you started. As I figure out more, I will resend this over and over so that you will feel like the world is paying attention to you. You twisted, evil villain.

- Your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website AND here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey/participants.  Please take a look to make sure it is correct.  Pay special attention to your number of prior monkey finishes.  

- As always, we will not have automatic text messaging of your splits from this race, to be sent to friends and family everywhere. We will not have finish line videos streaming over the web, indexed with your bib number. We will not have cheer squads along the way, with a competition for best spirit and costume. We will not have pace groups.

- Packet pickup will likely be at the Gordon JCC on November 23, 2012 between 2pm and 4pm, if I get off my lazy rear end and get that organized. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- I have said this many times, and I reiterate. Running is stupid. You cannot train for Monkey. You may as well give up now.

- If you happen to find goodness, light and/or wisdom while out jogging around, pretending to train for this thing, and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- We are always looking for volunteers on race morning. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend.  In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum .  If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

Anyhow.   

Faster than a speeding banana
    Trent

Today is September 30, 2013 | The marathon is November 24, 2013 at 8 am | 7 weeks, 6 days to go

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Are you still there? Really? You have not gone away? What, do you think yourself special?

Sheesh.

Fine. Well then let me say this, for the record. The monkeys are restless. They are swarming. They are angry. I believe they are plotting. And I do not expect it to be pretty, whatever their evil designs may be. It is going to take a hero to tame them, to keep the peace. To save the park.

Is that you?

Do you have what it takes? Clearly you have courage, if just for signing up for this foolish race. Clearly, pain means nothing to you. Clearly you think yourself strong, deft (daft?) and blessed with speed. Super powers? We will see.

But can you take on the Monkeys?

You have less than one month. The clock is ticking. We will see.

We will see. But the monkeys are restless. And evil. With evil powers. You have been warned.

And this -

- Wanna eat something preface? Dallas Smith has put together a pre-race dinner at Savarino's Cucina: 2121 Belcourt Ave, Nashville from 6 to 8 pm Saturday evening. The owner of the restaurant has agreed to set up a buffet for you poor souls consisting of a vegetarian pasta, a pasta with meat, pizza, bread, salad and a water bottle. If you would like to attend, I will get you info shortly, hang on to your hats.

- We are always looking for volunteers on race morning. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- If you happen to find goodness, light and/or wisdom while out jogging around, pretending to train for this thing, and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- As always, we will not have automatic text messaging of your splits from this race, to be sent to friends and family everywhere. We will not have finish line videos streaming over the web, indexed with your bib number. We will not have cheer squads along the way, with a competition for best spirit and costume. We will not have pace groups.

- Packet pickup will be at the Gordon JCC on November 23, 2013 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- For those of you who want a postface shower but are checking out of your hotel room, you can return to the JCC located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. They will need you to show your bib and bring your own towel and soap. They may also charge you the $5 guest fee.

- We ask all our volunteers and any runners who are able to bring some food and/or drink to share with the rest of the monkeys post race.  Our participants' home-made smorgasbord impresses every year.  I will be making home-made monkey pumpkin pies.  Lots of them.  What will you bring?

- I have said this many times, and I reiterate. Running is stupid. You cannot train for Monkey. You may as well give up now.

- We still plan to offer Yazoo Beer after the race to those who are of the correct drinking age. Yazoo is good brew, local and tasty.  If you want to enjoy some, please bring your ID with you to the race.  You don't have to run with it, but once the beer is available after noon, you will need your ID.  If you want to tweet your grand appreciation for this, use these tags: @YazooBrew and @yazoobrewmaster

- We plan to have swag for sale at packet pickup and then postrace, with all proceeds going to support the Friends of Warner Parks, the charity that keeps MonkeyVille spectacular.  This year, we will have original and unique Hatch posters, extra Silipint cups, singlets and prior years' shirts, all uniquely Monkeyfied.  Posters and cups are $10, shirt prices will vary depending on which one you like.  Cash appreciated.  And cheap!

- The Twitter Monkey hashtag: #MonkeyMarathon. You can also Tweet @hhFlyingMonkey, if'n you want.  

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend.  In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum .  If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

Faster than a speeding banana
      Trent

TripleBock

Hi Trent.

You suck

That is all

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

TripleBock

I think a will give the last couple of beers I did not drink of yours to WG - I will restart my 2014 Trent pile with some Strawberry Rhubarb.  Maybe I will be fixed in time that Monkey can re-break me.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock