Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It was a lovely morning in PWP (Read 697 times)

Lazy idiot

OH hey Drew maybe we can keep each other company if all these faster people decide they can't bear to go that slow!
    Sounds good.
    Man, no one wants to run with me. WTF is that?
    Quitcher whining, man. You've had at least two offers in the last thirty minutes. Evil grin

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

Quitcher whining, man. You've had at least two offers in the last thirty minutes. Evil grin
      From Shan and you? That's cool.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        I will put my offer out there again... This will be my first marathon. Anyone who thinks they won't be able to run fast (or as well as they could given different circumstances) is more than welcome to join me under the guise of pacing me to help me get through it. This way I get some company, you get some company, and you can have an excuse to help save you from making excuses on why you didn't go faster. I like Drew will be hoping to land between 4:30 and 6 hours... OH hey Drew maybe we can keep each other company if all these faster people decide they can't bear to go that slow!
        I'll be back with you guys. HOW did you know the reasoning behind my decision Shan? Clowning around Actually doing the marathon is the icing on the cake, (so to me it doesn't matter when I finish) it's the company that I'll be keeping that is the main thing!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Between all of us from RA that are running, I'm sure our pace's will vary so you can probably pick and choose Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

Between all of us from RA that are running, I'm sure our pace's will vary so you can probably pick and choose Big grin
            Maybe I will just run a little bit with everyone then. Tongue

Maybe I will just run a little bit with everyone then. Tongue
              THAT actually sounds like a plan Big grin

Lazy idiot

I guess I didn't specifically come out and say, "DJ Marcus, my man, you're more than welcome to run with me." My apologies! I'd be happy to run with any of the boobs that are going to be there. (I'd be real happy to run with jscovill, but I'm willing to be realistic)

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Rocken I figured someone was bound to think that made for a good reason to slow down!
                    Rocken I figured someone was bound to think that made for a good reason to slow down!
                    Oh I'm good for finding reason's to slow down. Like 50 miles, bunch of marathons close together. My mental HTFU when it comes to speed needs more work. I think I've finally gotten the HTFU when it comes to distance. Actually I was willing to do whatever it took to get Cheryl to come down from Alaska. I'm just super pleased that she's "planning" on doing the marathon *touch wood* MTA: I was going to add working on Mental HTFU as far as speed, but then realized that I maybe training for a 100 mile race come next year Shocked

Oh Mighty Wing

Marcus - are you trying to say is that you are going to run with fast people while you feel good, then run with Drew and I when you are hurting? I mean all that's well and good except that I don't want to hear you bitch and complain about how sore you are because you pushed yourself way to hard and now you hurt blah blah blah. Wink

Lazy idiot

Marcus - are you trying to say is that you are going to run with fast people while you feel good, then run with Drew and I when you are hurting? I mean all that's well and good except that I don't want to hear you bitch and complain about how sore you are because you pushed yourself way to hard and now you hurt blah blah blah. Wink
                        Nonono... Shan. If this is the case, when the monkeys come, we use all the spare energy to run faster and they get to eat Marcus. It's a perfect plan. Cool

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

Actually I planned to go out at about 6:30 pace for the first 3 miles and then gradually slow down and die while everyone else catches me...and leaves me for the monkeys. Wink

We need a plan?

Michelle

S&M Collector

I have a few questions early on that have been weight heavily...... What will the weather be like that morning? Can somebody tell me what to wear? Will there be course monitors so that I do not get lost? Am I allowed to wear my IPod? I am unsure where the starting line is. Can somebody give me directions? Will there be bands and cheer squads along the course? What if I forget to turn in my timing chip? Those are all I can think of for now. I'm sure more will arise. Oh, one more. How many people deep do the age group awards run?
                              Come across any cool medals lately?
                                That group PWP picture has been annoying me all day long. When ever I would get a minute or two I've been trying to photoshop a couple of pictures in and I can't do it. I have zero photoshop ability. Sad

Michelle