Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It was a lovely morning in PWP (Read 697 times)

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

NO picnic at PWP???? Cry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Over on the monkey board, one of the posters said she was BOTH fast AND easy.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NO picnic at PWP???? Cry
          Yes. After the marathon. With two kegs of beer. Aren't you paying attention? Folks, remember, it will be dark at about 4:45 PM. The last thing you want is to be stuck outside at PWP in the dark. Monkeys have to eat.

S&M Collector

I didn't participate in any of the organized pre-race gatherings last year, but it is my understanding that there were folks meeting at several different restaurants, recommended by Trent and others who seem to know the diamonds in the rough when it comes to eating establishments. As much as I'm trolling on him and others, they can recommend the right places to go. I would think that the best thing is to lay out a list of 3-5 places and people can latch on to which ever one best suits their needs. It's obvious that everybody can't go to the same place. And, a gathering of 30-50 people at somebody's place could be really intense for somebody.....especially if they host and then run the monkey the next morning. And let's face it.....people will be arriving at different times with cranky spouses, crying kids, etc. So, plans change! I was being a little trollish because I find it amusing that this is such a discussed topic so early on! As I was going to mention, before Trent did.....the post-race at the finish line is AWESOME! Seriously, anybody that you don't get to talk to pre-race will hopefully be hanging around at the finish line. There is plenty of time for fellowship and for me to take your cool points in person. Hell, I don't think I left until like 1:30 or 2 p.m. last year! Now, as far as the NIGHT of Nov. 23, there better be stuff happening. I plan on getting trashed. Just leave your cameras in the car or back at the hotel. Wink
            Come across any cool medals lately?
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, last year there were 3 different prerace dinner gatherings. But I suspect that many of the RAers want to go to the same place. There are over 20 RAers running, with spouses, etc, that will be upwards of 30-40 people. The traditional postrace night place is, sadly, Mafiosas. What they lack in pizza, they make up for with alcohol.
                Yes. After the marathon. With two kegs of beer. Aren't you paying attention? Folks, remember, it will be dark at about 4:45 PM. The last thing you want is to be stuck outside at PWP in the dark. Monkeys have to eat.
                Damnit I'm on summer mode. Wasn't even thinking close to winter

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well. I would like to travel a bit and see the area while I'm there so maybe Saturday will be the day for that and we'll leave all the meeting and greeting for race day. My goal is to hear A LOT of country music while I'm there. So I'll be out searching for that. Oh, do you Nashvillians have southern accents?

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Drew. You missed another one. Must be a Tuesday or something.
                    I miss a lot. Moses Cry, ya sewer rat.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

Options are a good thing. That way those that want to avoid Tweak can go elsewhere and not offend or be offended by Tweak or anyone else for that matter.
                      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      JakeKnight

Oh, do you Nashvillians have southern accents?
                        Sadly, hardly any (none?) of the folks on RA have anything approaching a Nashville accent. We tried to find some good rednecks for Shannon to talk to when she was here. No dice. On the plus side, I think I can safely guarantee a few that you don't know will be at the race. A couple weeks ago, I heard a nice lady in our local running club turn "Trent" into a 3 syllable word.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

On the plus side, I think I can safely guarantee a few that you don't know will be at the race. A couple weeks ago, I heard a nice lady in our local running club turn "Trent" into a 3 syllable word.
                          Tray-un-tuh?

Tick tock

Okay, I didn't read this entire thread because it's one of those that i'll just never catch up on... But Marcus... Don't believe what Casa told you about me tweaking. He apparently mistook my sarcasm (about the 10% rule) as seriousness. The stress fracture thing...eh, kinda serious about that but only because Thunder told me everyone he knows that doubles the 11.2 gets a stress fracture, or some such nonsense like that...which I know isn't true because I HAVE in fact doubled the 11.2 before. And I run the 11.2 often. I'm more prepared than all you out of town folks. Anyway...I guess I was also serious about Casa waiting on me at the water stop, but only because I thought he must have been running really fast or something. And Casa, nobody made you run with me. Or wait on me. The only reason that comes to mind about why you'd do such a thing is because you truly enjoy my company Big grin

Oh, do you Nashvillians have southern accents?
                              I can bring my Mother to the race.

Options are a good thing. That way those that want to avoid Tweak can go elsewhere and not offend or be offended by Tweak or anyone else for that matter.
                                Cry MTA: I'm actually a nice person, just so everyone knows.