Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

She's a gold digger (Read 205 times)

Slice

PWP is like a gold digger - one look and you're captivated by her stunning beauty. She reels you in with the promise of more. Next thing you know you're wandering around alongside the road dazed and wondering what the hell happened. Meanwhile she's taken everything you had. And you keep going back for more.

I spent 20 miles there with my thoughts today. Obviously this was too much time.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Mr MattM

Yes.  Yes, she is.

I am called back to her year after year.  Sometimes I display courage, other times fear... always respect.  The sound of her crushed leaves underfoot, like the crushed dreams of those whom she suckles to her sadistic bosom, remind me of all that can be lost and gained in life spent rolling through the ups and downs of moral turpitude... yet her beauty radiates like a beacon of hope in a tempest of sufferance.

Would that she were reduced to a suburban blight!  Yet, in her absence would I be shown to be less than am with her?  She raises me up, and in my failure teaches me to rejoice in my survival!

Cheers, oh spirit of the wood, who cradles and protects the aerial simians... that I may once again know the pain of your presence...

be curious; not judgmental

The King of Beasts

but she'll leave you with a smile...

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”